Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

11PSI Results w/4.0L Auto

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 12:00 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default 11PSI Results w/4.0L Auto

Finally got Stella back. All I can say is after spending the day driving her back home for 6 hours (taking the long way, LOL), that she is simply a monster. An absolute brute! The TQ from the Powerhouse turbo is completely, and diabolically insane!!!!!

So, to play catch up for those of you that might have missed my previous thread….here is a break down of the modifications this time around (slight deviation from the last post):

• Reflashed Stock Converter (precision is working on mine, they need to make some changes for it to work on the six, but its paid for and PH will let me know when its ready, and stall will be 3600!!!)
• Powerhouse Drive Shaft
• Powerhouse/CHE Drive Shaft Loop
• Powerhouse/CHE Panhard Bar w/Poly/Poly
• Powerhouse/CHE Panhard Brace
• Powerhouse K Member Brace
• AEM Wideband w/output to XCAL2 & Laptop
• LPW Girdle (stronger than the TA piece)
• 11PSI spring & retune by Powerhouse

Now for some initial thoughts….

K-Member Brace

The car seemed to launch smoother through the gear transitions on WOT. Not 100% sure, I really need to put it through the trials at the track, kinda hard to do on the street. The front of the car definitely feels like it doesn’t get away from me as much as it used to when I got on it!

Drive Shaft

Well, I did managed to get the MPH up on the car in some open areas twice. No vibration what so ever. We will see how this modification does at the track. But since I am running 12’s, I had to put in the drive shaft loop and figured I would do this as well.

Panhard Bar & Brace

I had the Steeda piece before, haven’t had a chance to put Stella through the twisties but will try to take her out tomorrow for some first impressions.

AEM Wideband

Powerhouse did an exceptional install, and setup a convenient XCAL2/laptop cable that I can pull out of the passenger side dash to use when data logging at the track. I will make good use of this.

LPW Girdle

Stronger than the TQ piece, I’m hoping it will help deal with the insane TQ the 7.5 is handling now.

I will try to get pics of all of this tomorrow or later this week. I forgot my camera.

Now the best part….

11PSI Spring Install!

The car made the following numbers on a Mustang Dyno!!!!

• 320 RWHP
• 371 RWTQ
• 10.32lbs of boost!!!

The interesting thing is it didn’t even get all the way to 11lbs of boost. I am so happy with the results. I posted that I was after some serious TQ and I got my wish!!!

As usual PH did an exceptional job again!!!! It is sooo with the 6 hour drive!

And for the sheet….

Next stop, the track!!!!!
Old 09-17-2006, 12:13 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: 11PSI Results w/4.0L Auto

Oh crap, forgot about the reworked stall. Percision reworked it for me, launching from idle or powerbraking I can get to 2500 RPM! That was my best power braking RPM on DR’s. I’m guessing I can at least hit 2800 on the DR’s. It will be an insane launch with them now!
Old 09-17-2006, 12:18 AM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Congrats on the numbers looks like 366rwhp on a dyno jet (using the 12 percent) nice bump in tq at 371 you should notice that off the line now but esp when you get the 3400 stall installed.

Questions

What was the AFR?
How come it only hit 10.32 and not 11 psi?

Alll I can say is what a nice rig you have!

Old 09-17-2006, 12:18 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Awesome man, love to hear everything worked out well I said it once and I mean it, THE KING!
Old 09-17-2006, 12:21 AM
TJ
4th Gear Member

One more question ?

Do you happen to know the IAT?
Old 09-17-2006, 12:22 AM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Double post see above
Old 09-17-2006, 12:22 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TJ

Congrats on the numbers looks like 366rwhp on a dyno jet (using the 12 percent) nice bump in tq at 371 you should notice that off the line now but esp when you get the 3400 stall installed.

Questions

What was the AFR?

The spring is not exact because it's tension based. Its not like a pulley. I asked PH what my AF was and they said 10.5ish at max power. I will see if I can get the chart of that for you as well. I only have this print out and another that does not show boost.
Old 09-17-2006, 12:23 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

One more question ?

Do you happen to know the IAT?
No I don't, but I can inquire. And thanks for the compliment man.
Old 09-17-2006, 12:24 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rmays06

Awesome man, love to hear everything worked out well I said it once and I mean it, THE KING!
Thanks dude. Just a work in progress.
Old 09-17-2006, 12:26 AM
TJ
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

Questions

What was the AFR?

The spring is not exact because it's tension based. Its not like a pulley. I asked PH what my AF was and they said 10.5ish at max power. I will see if I can get the chart of that for you as well. I only have this print out and another that does not show boost.
10.5 are you kidding me?

WOW that is extremely fat!

Safe but fat you are leaving a chunck of power on the table I guess playing it safe right now till later.

Quick Reply: 11PSI Results w/4.0L Auto