Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

New motor installed

Old 11-12-2006, 08:58 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default New motor installed

Ok, guess its about time I update everyone. No covert ops here! LOL. The car its up and running, and should have seen some dyno time yesterday. Here is what is getting done to it....

* Built block (probably close to a 4.1L actually)
* Wiseco Forged Pistons, 8-8-1
* 15 to 16lbs of boost
* 8.8 rear end
* 3.73 gears
* Possible: 60lb injectors (will know if this is needed after the dyno time today)
* Boost a pump
* 93 octane tune
* CAM2 114 octane tune

Then, in January, precision should be done with my overdue stall....so I will take the car up and have this done...

* Precision 3600 RPM Stall
* PH LPW/axle brace combo
* Possibly PH Line Locks

And for those of you that will probably ask. 7.5 LPW girdle cover is spoken for, the old 7.5 rear end is spoken for.....Zex is already spoken for and the old motor is spoken for. LOL. Damn vultures, it was less than a few days when the inquiries started. LOL.

Now, about my engine, PH has not dug into it yet. But looking at the plugs, its highly possible I blew multiple pistons and head gasket. This is pretty severe, I think I'm the first S197 4.0 to f'up a motor this bad! Still thinking it was contaminated fuel via 3rd party chemical, but won't know for a while.

I will post updates hopefully today, and later this week.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:05 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: New motor installed

Very cool!

what about rods? Head bolts?
Old 11-12-2006, 09:12 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

Very cool!

what about rods? Head bolts?
Good question, yes forged rods and yes, the head bolts have been replaced/upgraded.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:13 AM
DragonPL
3rd Gear Member

so the stock engine couldint handle your turbo ?????
Old 11-12-2006, 11:33 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DragonPL

so the stock engine couldn't handle your turbo ?????

Should have known this one would come. Our stock motors can handle 10lbs of boost easily!!! Several are at 14lbs, and some have gone up to 25lbs of boost without popping it LOL. I put up a post earlier where it looks like my octane level was lowed by a fuel cleaning chemical a local shop put in my car, thus causing damage to my engine.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:45 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Stella's gonna be awesome! In addition to keeping us posted on Stella's New Groove (sorry), let us know what PH finds when they open up your original motor.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:47 PM
Pyrat
3rd Gear Member

Rygen, have you got any In-The-Works photos? It would be interesting to see some under construction shots with comments. [sm=drooldude.gif]
Old 11-12-2006, 12:51 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I'll have to ask PH. They are a 6 hour drive from me. LOL. I do want a pic of the old motor, currently sitting on the floor. I'll see what I can work up.
Old 11-12-2006, 02:09 PM
BHRS
1st Gear Member

Since you are building a new motor and replaced rear with a 8.8, how is the tranny holding up? I see you are installing a stall converter, any other upgrades? Also-what shift pressure are you running for the street and strip?

Thanks-
Old 11-12-2006, 02:43 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BHRS

Since you are building a new motor and replaced rear with a 8.8, how is the tranny holding up? I see you are installing a stall converter, any other upgrades? Also-what shift pressure are you running for the street and strip?

Thanks-

I did not modify the shift pressure when I was on 10lbs, PH did all of that in the tune and it did not need modification. On 8.5lbs of boost, I was running +25% shift pressure, -2mph on the 1-2 shift, +2mph on the 2-3 shift and +2mph on the 3-4 shift as I still had RPM left when I trapped.

We are looking into some after market upgrades on the tranny, but right now the parts are in development. I am also going to look into an oil cooler later down the road.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New motor installed