Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

JBA True Dual H-pipe

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 06:09 PM
danbevsv6rumbler
3rd Gear Member

Default JBA True Dual H-pipe

Alrighty guys and gals... I've got myself a pair of gt take-off mufflers (man) waiting to be thrown on my v6er. i've been looking at v6mustang.com's jba h-pipe and midpipe combo that's $349, and I was wondering if anyone's gone the same route. yes, i know i can do some research, but I've found a lot of conflicting opinions. i also read that if you take it to a decent muffler shop they could do just about the same thing for about 1/2 the price? should I stick with these jba's? i'm really getting the itch to throw that muffler on!!!
Old 11-11-2007, 02:43 PM
Brumby

Default RE: JBA True Dual H-pipe

Get the JBA...you will love the sound
Old 11-12-2007, 01:33 PM
danbevsv6rumbler
3rd Gear Member

alright. i guess i'm sold. thanks!
Old 11-15-2007, 12:10 AM
Mustangca1

Im thinking about going the same route too. I can't make up mind though.
My biggest concern is drone and rattles. Should I be concern with this setup?
Old 11-15-2007, 01:12 PM
danbevsv6rumbler
3rd Gear Member

i've heard that a drone is only a result of the the placement of the mufflers, but its hard to say. i think, if anything, a drone might almost be car-specific, but if you're willing to wait i should have this system on sometime in december... when school's out. i'm planning on ordering the system from v6mustangstuff.com soon (its supposed to be on sale "for a limited time") so i'll let you guys know when i get the chance to run and test this. only thing is, i'm also worried about making sure i get a nice intake and tuner to go with the system... we'll see how that goes.

are there any other JBA owners that might be able to make this clear for us?
Old 11-24-2007, 10:48 PM
lrgnation
4th Gear Member

The jba h system is nice thats what i run. I got the intake and tune as well. you should really like the sound I had a problem with the drivers side muffler pipe rattlign against the spare tire well, either dent in the well where it might hit or get the actual gt muffler hangers for that side.

There is not really any drone that annoys me. Sounds pretty good when you hear it drive by, inside the car it will sound pretty tame.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:08 PM
my06shaker
2nd Gear Member

I've had the JBA True duals w/ H-pipe for 1 1/2 years now. When I first put them on I thought they were just a bit loud but I've come to enjoy hearing them while cruising. I run a CDC functional shaker with a K&N CAI. I kind of like to think that maybe all combined together gives a little bit more power and performance than it came with when I bought my mustang. great curb idle.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:08 PM
5SpeedPony

After much research (including reading almost every post on this site regarding dual exhaust), I recently went with the JBA H-pipe and GT take-offs on my '07 Pony Package. I had them professionally installed (along with a GT rear bumper cover) two weeks ago, and couldn't be happier.The mufflers aren't broken in yet, but I love the sound so far (deep, but not too loud) and there's no drone at all. I highly recommend having them installed by a professional, and having the pipe connections tack welded, so that you don't end up with anyannoying rattles. Mine came out great, and the guy who installed them said the JBA pipes fit like a glove.BTW, Iordered the pipes from V6 Mustang Stuff. The shipping charge was very reasonable (about $41.00 to NY), and I received the parts in about 10 days.The hardware that came with the JBA pipes included the hangers for the left side muffler, which was an added bonus. Good luck!
Old 12-11-2007, 06:04 PM
95cobby
2nd Gear Member

Does the JBA H-Pipe connect to the headers or the stock cats? I'm looking for an off-road pipe that will connect to the headers and then connect to the over-axel pipes. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 12-11-2007, 06:07 PM
Fallout
3rd Gear Member

the JBA h pipe/mid pipe system is not off road

Quick Reply: JBA True Dual H-pipe