Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > V6 S197 General Discussion > 4.0L V6 Technical Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 06-05-2005, 04:34 AM   #11
chrisc65
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: V6 dual GT mufflers how-to w/ pics

Yes...you are the man. Thanks for posting the pic and the how-to-do!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

chrisc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 01:05 PM   #12
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

==I finally decided and ordered a kit from chronicbump on ebay today. For anyone that's interested, it is item #7976770140==

I've seen a few posts about the Magnaflow system, those that have it seem to be quite happy with it!

==Those bracket's are expensive little suckers!!!!==

They are, but the muffler hangs in exactly the same place as on the GT if you use them. One person skipped the brackets and had his muffler shop fabricate hangars, but they had trouble getting the muffler to hang in exactly the right spot (it was too low and too far towards the front of the car). Another person removed the front bracket off the right muffler and used it as a rear brackets on the left (it's the same bracket). Then he had a shop fabricate hangars for the front of both mufflers. That way he was able to get the mufflers to hang right without having to buy the left side brackets. Not a bad idea if you want to save 70 bucks! Who's sunroof do you have on yours? It looks nice!

==Treeeessss your such a pimp!!!==

LOL! Well I have always like those hats

==That looks great!!! I'm jealous, that is my next mod, once I find the time and money. Moreso, the time. ==

Thanks! It wasn't too bad time-wise, I spent about an hour yesterday morning doing the prepwork and then dropped it off. It took the shop about 2 hours to do the pipe, we just went and had lunch and ran some errands while they did that.

==Yes...you are the man. Thanks for posting the pic and the how-to-do! ==

You're quite welcome, hope it helps! All the info was in these forums already, but it's spread out all over the place. I'm going to try to take some pics of the pipe tie-in, it would have been good to catch it on the lift but it was down by the time I got there.

07 GT vert; torch red w/ KR int; 5 spd; cloth roof; IUP; comfort group; GT app pkg; 64W; premium trim pkg

Traded in: 05 V6 premium vert; black/ crimson red
Tres Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 03:10 PM   #13
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

This is a fantastic resource! Many thanks for posting this tutorial!
hamidlmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 05:39 PM   #14
LIVNBIG
1st Gear Member

Hey Tres

I will buy the brackets, I love the factory look in your pics..you did a real nice job!![sm=smiley20.gif]

Thank you again for posting this!!

The sunroof is an "Hollandia Spoiler" power sun-roof...Thank You for the compliment!

06 Mustang GT, Performance White, IUP, Charcoal Leather, AT
97 C5 Corvette, Arctic White
LIVNBIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 12:13 AM   #15
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

hamidlmt, thank you, hope you find it useful!

Steve, thanks again! I like that sunroof a lot, don't see many Mustangs with them. I was really surprised it wasn't offered as an option, but then again I don't remember the last time they put one on a 'stang. Great job on the GT front end too! Very nice looking.

07 GT vert; torch red w/ KR int; 5 spd; cloth roof; IUP; comfort group; GT app pkg; 64W; premium trim pkg

Traded in: 05 V6 premium vert; black/ crimson red
Tres Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 11:15 AM   #16
huffhuff
2nd Gear Member

i am extremely happy the way my car performs with the true duals. i spent a lot of time on two lane roads in Tennessee saturday and in third gear passing it really hauls. first time i passed i lookd down and was doing 80 with no strain. have K&N too that helps even more. it runs as good in the upper RPMs as my 94GT did.
huffhuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 05:27 PM   #17
shave35

Hi Tres;
Another person removed the front bracket off the right muffler and used it as a rear brackets on the left (it's the same bracket). Then he had a shop fabricate hangars for the front of both mufflers. That way he was able to get the mufflers to hang right without having to buy the left side brackets. Not a bad idea if you want to save 70 bucks! Who's sunroof do you have on yours? It looks nice!

I'm the one that did this, and it looks and sounds great with the right placement of the mufflers.
shave35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:38 PM   #18
TNT1968
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: '06 Mustang GT

I just put my passenger GT muffler on and I'm waiting for my brackets for the driver's side from Clevenger Ford. They were actually $39.00 and some change apiece and not $35.00, but that still better than the $58.00+ apiece that the local Ford dealer wanted. I ordered bolts as well. BTW not much difference inside the car with the single GT muffler but it is a little rowdier outside the car. When I get the brackets I will get the driver's side relief cut and mount the muffler. I will then take the muffler off and have the muffler shop set me up with a true dual system with H-pipe.They said that it would be about $100.00 for the work. The H-pipe should improve torque.
Thanks for the inspirational thread Tres!

SOLD-'06 GT Premium automatic
Detroit Rocker cams, Pypes L/T headers & catted H-pipe,Brenspeed tune,C&L Racer CAI,3.73 gears,20"x9" Shelby Razors,G-Force KDW's,CDC Classic spoiler,
TNT1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 01:22 AM   #19
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to Puleo76 Send a message via Yahoo to Puleo76

tnt, i really like the side shot of the roush hood scoop... can u get me any shots of it at other angles? how was the install and whatnot?

GT bumpers, rims, and front sway
10% tint
MagnaFlow Duals
Roush spoiler & louvers
Yellow L.E.D Underbody lights
HID headlight kit
cervini scoops
more to come.
Puleo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:23 AM   #20
chidrock
2nd Gear Member

Nice post Tres! Now I know what my black vert will look like when I get my duals...(if they ever come in [&:])

2010 Mustang GT 5-speed Grabber Blue

FRPP Whipple HO (Wrinkle Black) - MGW Shifter - CDC Chin Spoiler - Ford Racing Stinger Exhaust
chidrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:23 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
36f75b11210640988d78236b026cdc38jpg, 4r3z5a246aa, bracket, cascotech, dual, duals, exhaust, gt, install, localupfiles154933fd06a9af30642c0b962613c03f76a5cj pg, midas, muffler, mustang, removing, v6