Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

cooling fan problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 01:41 AM
BIGIE

Default cooling fan problem

Hi guys, I want to ask you something: The cooling fan of my 2006 Ford Mustang V6 switches on too late and my cooling liquid reaches up a very high temperature and pressure before the fan starts,it almost boils and leaks out of the radiator cap so that I need to fill it up every time. What do you think the problem is? I hope somebody will help me. Thank you in advance.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:13 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BIGIE
Hi guys, I want to ask you something: The cooling fan of my 2006 Ford Mustang V6 switches on too late and my cooling liquid reaches up a very high temperature and pressure before the fan starts,it almost boils and leaks out of the radiator cap so that I need to fill it up every time. What do you think the problem is? I hope somebody will help me. Thank you in advance.
With my fan it only really turns on when I am stopped, did you check if maybe you are putting too much coolant in? Sounds dumb but some people don't check...
Old 07-29-2010, 08:01 AM
BIGIE

No, the coolant is OK, most of the time it is even less than it should be, definately it is a problem with the fan timing, I need my fan to turn on earlier than now because now it turns on at the time the engine is already too hot, the pressure in the hoses is too high and the radiator cap valve has already released some coolant from the coolant vessel(otherwise it would explode). If the fan starts earlier, this would not happen as the fan will immediately cool the engine etc. What shall I do?
Old 07-29-2010, 09:04 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BIGIE
No, the coolant is OK, most of the time it is even less than it should be, definately it is a problem with the fan timing, I need my fan to turn on earlier than now because now it turns on at the time the engine is already too hot, the pressure in the hoses is too high and the radiator cap valve has already released some coolant from the coolant vessel(otherwise it would explode). If the fan starts earlier, this would not happen as the fan will immediately cool the engine etc. What shall I do?
I would say take it to the dealership but seeing you are in Bulgaria I'm not sure how that works. I'm sure someone will chime in with a better idea.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:40 PM
BIGIE

I hope so, and does somebody know if there is a temperature sensor somewhere on the radiator, because I found one but it is on the engine block and aparantly it works properly because we tested it with hot water and everything was indicated correctly. So is there another one?