Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

V6 dual exhaust.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 11:46 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

My friend has the pypes full exhaust with shorties and muffler deletes. Sounds better than I expected but I think I like the GTM set up better than delete.

Anyone with a V6 and resonators want to weigh in?
Old 11-18-2010, 09:36 PM
jdphillips73
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
I want a deep powerful sound at idle, then during normal conditions drone is ok as long as it is not louder then my music (usually four-six notches up on the shaker). Under heavy acceleration I want a powerful sound that is not ricey, but sounds "raw". And of course, same thing when revving up to higher rpms.
sounds like you want a GT
Old 11-18-2010, 09:40 PM
jdphillips73
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JCON
My friend has the pypes full exhaust with shorties and muffler deletes. Sounds better than I expected but I think I like the GTM set up better than delete.

Anyone with a V6 and resonators want to weigh in?
i have JBA Hpipe, with magnaflow bullet resonators, and had borla stingers. DRONE CITY, I even tore the entire interior and trunk out and sound proofed. Still, DRONE CITY.

I have my stingers for sale if anyone is interested, nice and loud, i guess if you drive with the radio up or the windows down, the drone isnt bad...however, the sound is the best v6 muffler out there besides the corsa which has no drone, but expensive price...
Old 11-19-2010, 11:18 PM
Blue07V6
2nd Gear Member

Well that rules out the Sringers for me. Anyone use the Borla ProXs mufflers? I think I will give them a try, heard them on a few V6s and they sound pretty good. not very loud though, just over stock but deeper. But they are a lot louder at higher RPMs. Hoping they turn out OK. Gotta get some paint done first. Apparently my car was wrecked during the year I didnt own it (its an 07 I bought in 08, dummy me I didnt get a carfax) According to the body shop I use it has an aftermarket driver fender, it and the front bumoer were not primered correctly and the paint is flaking. for $475 he will repaint the from bumper, hood (its scratched) driver fender, rear bumper (it was scraped in a parking lot) and cut the notch for where the new tip will be. Gotta see what my "car" job (yes I have a second job to support my FORD addiction) will bring in. After the paint she will get duals.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:51 AM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Wow my Stang has a relatively cheap single outlet muffler on it and it sounds great! Maybe when it rust out I will upgrade. Lol
Old 11-28-2010, 01:45 AM
revtime

I am going to do some experimenting since I have a friend with a shop and he can do the installs fairly cheap. I am going to try some LoBaks since I have a pair sitting in the garage. Anyone here tried them on a V6?
Probably not but it should be interesting.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:41 AM
red07Pony
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blue07V6
Well that rules out the Sringers for me. Anyone use the Borla ProXs mufflers? I think I will give them a try, heard them on a few V6s and they sound pretty good. not very loud though, just over stock but deeper. But they are a lot louder at higher RPMs. Hoping they turn out OK. Gotta get some paint done first. Apparently my car was wrecked during the year I didnt own it (its an 07 I bought in 08, dummy me I didnt get a carfax) According to the body shop I use it has an aftermarket driver fender, it and the front bumoer were not primered correctly and the paint is flaking. for $475 he will repaint the from bumper, hood (its scratched) driver fender, rear bumper (it was scraped in a parking lot) and cut the notch for where the new tip will be. Gotta see what my "car" job (yes I have a second job to support my FORD addiction) will bring in. After the paint she will get duals.
I might be off my rocker but are you sure the ProXs mufflers are going to fit our S197 mustang? I searched youtube and the only vids I saw were of mid90's to early 2000's.

It sounds like from your description you want GT takeoff mufflers or Corsa.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:31 AM
capocaccia

Ya If I were this kid I would go for the cheapest option out there if Im not too sure what I want and might change later. If I recall, theres a set of GT Take offs in the for sale section right now for cheap.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:58 AM
SYNY5TER
2nd Gear Member

if u want aggressive/muscle sound stick with H pipe. X pipe will get u raspy sound
Old 11-30-2010, 11:42 AM
lovablesteven

Cool I need more power!!!!

I have a 2005 v6 stang and so far I have a cold air intake, and exhaust. My next mission is getting the true dual conversation kit ad sct tuner from American muscle. Any other ideas on what I can do to make my pony reach it's maximum power??

Quick Reply: V6 dual exhaust.