Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Brake kit that WON'T break the bank.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 04:15 PM
tnroadrunr
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by SilverStallion05
I don't know about red. I was thinking either black caliper covers or silver. Either way, those are not on my list any more.
Ok, not on the list. But if you change your mind they do have both silver and black.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:13 AM
SilverStallion05
2nd Gear Member

Haha. Yea... I was looking into getting them a few years ago but I lost interest. They look sharp on the Vette though man.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:12 AM
amustangrocks
2nd Gear Member

i bought 17" wheels and upgraded my frt brakes to the gt size, made a huge difference.

last year i bought a set of these drilled and slotted/ zink plated rotors and ceramic pads from brakemotive for the g/f`s 06 V6 and they have been great and still look real good. this year i`m gonna put a set on my car too. the sets come for the V6 or the gt size. heres the V6
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Fro...item5adf40ca57
Old 03-14-2011, 09:56 AM
SilverStallion05
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by amustangrocks
i bought 17" wheels and upgraded my frt brakes to the gt size, made a huge difference.

last year i bought a set of these drilled and slotted/ zink plated rotors and ceramic pads from brakemotive for the g/f`s 06 V6 and they have been great and still look real good. this year i`m gonna put a set on my car too. the sets come for the V6 or the gt size. heres the V6
Those look cool and the price is great for a full kit! How are they performance wise? Any better stopping, the same, or worse than stock? Thanks man.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:56 PM
amustangrocks
2nd Gear Member

Those look cool and the price is great for a full kit! How are they performance wise? Any better stopping, the same, or worse than stock? Thanks man.
she has really liked them. i dont drive her car much so i dont know. i`m gonna put them on my car real soon. the only reason ive waited is cause i put the upgrade frt kit on mine and the rotors were brand new. i need back rotors though pretty soon ( ive been running ceramic pads for a couple years) so i`m gonna get them. the thing is, thewy still look nice and shiny silver around the hubs that rust up fast. i like that. i wish we could post pics on here cause they look awesome too. i`ll post a pic in my album so you can see one on the car
Old 03-14-2011, 07:29 PM
SilverStallion05
2nd Gear Member

I checked out your stang. VERY nice. I would really recommend FRPP GTA mufflers. They sound real nice and have some very attractive (yet not overly flashy) 4 inch chrome tips. I had the GT take offs (like you do it seems) and they were nice until I got the GTAs.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:53 PM
amustangrocks
2nd Gear Member

I checked out your stang. VERY nice. I would really recommend FRPP GTA mufflers. They sound real nice and have some very attractive (yet not overly flashy) 4 inch chrome tips. I had the GT take offs (like you do it seems) and they were nice until I got the GTAs.
thanks, i might check into some of those. ive been real happy with the gts though. but i would like the nicer tips. where did you get them?
Old 01-03-2013, 12:35 PM
piotrek53

Got these 4 Perfomance rotors 3 months ago on ebay.
What a mistake.....
Total junk, rust everywhere, vibrate like a vibrators ;}, pads that came with them broke in shipping.
And poor stopping power compared to the original gt rotors.
Stay away from these. $200 down the drain.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:42 PM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by amustangrocks

Just to vouch, I bought a set of these rotors for my GT/CS because my stock ones were done, and so far they've worked fine. Probably had them on for 4 or 5 months now with no problems. You need to make sure to break them in with a brand new set of pads though or you'll black them up pretty quickly. As far as 3 piston calipers and stuff like that man, you don't have many options. Cheapest ones I've seen are about 1,500.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:11 PM
amustangrocks
2nd Gear Member

wow, this post is almost 2 yrs old. well as a update, the set on the g/f`s 06 still look pretty good and have worked fine for the last couple years.

i put a set on my car over a year ago. they were working out great then after a year my trans went out and the car sat for a couple months. out in the rain and not moving, they rusted up pretty good. they did clean up pretty well with naval jel but not like new. i got the trans fixed a couple months ago and they are still working fine but i`ll just buy a new set next spring. for $200 they are throw aways when they get to looking bad. they are far from the best but have been just fine for me.

just for normal driving, $600+ rotors +pads are just a waist of money to me and they will wear/rust as fast as anything else. my oems made the car look like crap after 2 yrs. i will say that the pads in that kit are not the greatest, i had one pad out of 4 frt sets that the spring clip popped off the rivit and i lost it. they did send me another set of pads fast and, they have worked fine. they bent the clips a little to much with more tension than needed. so i opened them up just a little with 2 pair of needle nose.

seems rotors are only good for about 2 sets of pads with about 3/4 wear and then they are too thin. they dont recommend turning the oem`s cause theres not enough meat. if your doing serious racing might better spend the money on quality stuff, but to drive to work and back, i`ll buy them again.
Attached Thumbnails Brake kit that WON'T break the bank.-dscf0374.jpg   Brake kit that WON'T break the bank.-dscf0407.jpg   Brake kit that WON'T break the bank.-dscf0451.jpg