Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

100+ seems sluggish

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 09:26 PM
ward_spratlin
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
In 5th, the 4.0 doesn't have enough power to overcome drag. Keeping OD off will keep the RPM's up. Even some of the auto GT's have reported similar power fall-offs.

BTW, you might want to watch those runs into triple digits with the 4.0 and a stock DS. The OE DS's are prone to destruction over 115-120 MPH.
sorry i feel dumb for asking this but what does DS mean hahah
Old 04-02-2011, 10:06 PM
MustangFTW

I believe its Drive Shaft, the v6 mustangs drive shafts are rated for 115 mph, hence the limiter

Old 04-02-2011, 10:17 PM
ward_spratlin
2nd Gear Member

ah ok i was like grr what does it stand for...

but thinks for heads up oddly enough thats my next upgrade after my meth install
Old 04-02-2011, 11:19 PM
MustangFTW

what are your mods so far?

Old 04-03-2011, 01:19 AM
ward_spratlin
2nd Gear Member

uhhh its the powerhouse411 turbo kit intercooled system.....bunch of bolt ons....8.8 rear end/3.73 gears....and very very soon to be meth injection
Old 04-07-2011, 06:38 PM
MoneyShot
2nd Gear Member

Hey ward did you have the OD turned off the other night at the dragway? Did your car even make it to 5th? might have still helped. Is your car redlining before it shifts? it would have been nice to see the tach in the video but better to have your eyes on the road. any more progress on your 8.8 or slicks? also what do you (and anyone else in GA) think about coming to this? http://www.nmcadigital.com/schedule/event2.php

Last edited by MoneyShot; 04-07-2011 at 06:42 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:41 PM
aerbourne
2nd Gear Member

mines nowhere near as modded as yours but i get the same feeling around 95 ish. i can hit 90 or 95 on the highway on accident easily, but when im really trying to hit the limiter on mine, it feels like its dragging trying to get there
Old 04-08-2011, 12:46 AM
ward_spratlin
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by aerbourne
mines nowhere near as modded as yours but i get the same feeling around 95 ish. i can hit 90 or 95 on the highway on accident easily, but when im really trying to hit the limiter on mine, it feels like its dragging trying to get there
yea i dont think the mods have much to do with it i think its a computer issue just try it with od off and see where that gets you
Old 04-08-2011, 12:50 AM
ward_spratlin
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MoneyShot
Hey ward did you have the OD turned off the other night at the dragway? Did your car even make it to 5th? might have still helped. Is your car redlining before it shifts? it would have been nice to see the tach in the video but better to have your eyes on the road. any more progress on your 8.8 or slicks? also what do you (and anyone else in GA) think about coming to this? http://www.nmcadigital.com/schedule/event2.php

yea on the track OD is always off thats why i didnt ever notice it until i was going this fast on the interstate.....

my car goes to fifth at about 105 soo i finsih most of my runs around 110 so yea but barely ....one thing to note tho that was with stock gearing

tach in the vid would be nice but my camera is me and holding it that far out would be to shaky for it to be safe hahah.....

the 8.8 with 3.73 and tlock is installed and broken in....however i havent been back to the track to test it....i did however murder a 14 sec car on the streets so its a definete upgrade....

as far as the event goes i have no idea ill have to ask around...

ill be coming to the track soon so we can hang out again
Old 04-08-2011, 08:59 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Please don't drive over 115 with that stock drive shaft man. You are likely to kill your car and or yourself. Fortunately, fixing this problem is as simple as buying an aluminum drive shaft. Good luck!

Quick Reply: 100+ seems sluggish