Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > V6 S197 General Discussion > 4.0L V6 Technical Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 08-03-2011, 05:51 PM   #11
Ares05
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 05 Ford Mustang V6

Sounds awesome man! Just curious how much did it cost and how long did it take to install?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Ares05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:32 PM   #12
kzonts
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 V6 Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares05 View Post
Sounds awesome man! Just curious how much did it cost and how long did it take to install?
It cost around $900 plus shipping. It's not cheap but I think it's worth it. Just plan to spend the day doing the install. Take your time and enjoy doing it yourself. I spend my time working away from home at a desk, so I love to work on my car and escape that s%^$%^.... :-)

ProCharger Stage II - Pro Dyno tuned - Visit my garage for complete list of mods
kzonts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:36 PM   #13
kzonts
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinloud98 View Post
loved my FRPP exhaust on my black 2010, had a great sound to it. good job doing the install your self.
Thanks. How do you like your 2012 v6?

ProCharger Stage II - Pro Dyno tuned - Visit my garage for complete list of mods
Old 08-04-2011, 12:41 AM   #14
Ares05
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 05 Ford Mustang V6

nice car btw man!
Ares05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:00 AM   #15
livinloud98
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ford Mustang
Send a message via AIM to livinloud98

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzonts View Post
Thanks. How do you like your 2012 v6?
Love it man..she's real fast but the 2.73 gears kill down low. My 2010 would of won off the line but once ti vct kicks in this car is gone. Love my Roush exhaust on this car its like the frpp but louder
livinloud98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:34 PM   #16
Patrick Moccia

How loud is it actually? I'm 51 and I am not looking to have the loudest car on the block. I was looking to add the dual exhaust more for appearance more than anything and figured that this would be a good choice because it adds the rear valance . A little louder than stock would be ok. My main concern is how loud it is inside the car. Would love to hear from those that purchased previously
Patrick Moccia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #17
kzonts
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Moccia View Post
How loud is it actually? I'm 51 and I am not looking to have the loudest car on the block. I was looking to add the dual exhaust more for appearance more than anything and figured that this would be a good choice because it adds the rear valance . A little louder than stock would be ok. My main concern is how loud it is inside the car. Would love to hear from those that purchased previously
It's quite a bit louder than stock. But it doesn't drone. See my sig for link to exhaust video.
Old 07-21-2012, 03:06 AM   #18
snicksnipa
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009 Mustang V6

I have the same mufflers, didn't use the X pipe, and went true duals back to the fr500s mufflers. Deeper than an X and I love the sound!
2009 Mustang Torch Red Manual - JLT NextGen CAI + BAMA 91 Race Tune ll 19" Staggered Machined Flat Black AMR Wheels with Sumitomo HTRZIII ll Full Eibach Sport Suspension System (Sportline Springs, Shocks/Dampers) ll Shelby Terlingua Front and Rear Sway Bars ll J&M Panhard & Extreme LCA's ll True Duals to Ford Racing FR500S Mufflers ll CDC Chin Spoiler ll GT500 Spoiler ll 8000K HIDS ll Blackout Panel ll CDC Grille
snicksnipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:40 AM   #19
kzonts
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snicksnipa View Post
I have the same mufflers, didn't use the X pipe, and went true duals back to the fr500s mufflers. Deeper than an X and I love the sound!
Nice. Do you have a sound clip of it? I'd like to have a deeper tone as well and was thinking of putting an h-pipe on it.

Old 07-21-2012, 04:40 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2010, conversion, dual, exhaust, ford, forums, frpp, guide, installation, kit, mustang, racing, rattle, sound, v6