Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

FORD RACING DUAL EXHAUST KIT V6 2010

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 09:26 PM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

Default FORD RACING DUAL EXHAUST KIT V6 2010

I just installed the FORD RACING DUAL EXHAUST CONVERSION KIT V6 2010 - Part Number: M5230MV62. I purchased mine at cjponyparts.com. It was ~$100.00 cheaper than AM.

I did the complete installation myself and I'm not a mechanic. I work in Information Technology, so anyone can do this. You just need to ensure you have the car securely supported with ramps and jack stands - be careful! The rear valance installation was fairly simple. I have the installation instructions if anyone needs them. The exhaust installation was also very easy but I had to take a trip to Lowes to pick up two bolts for the hangars. Cutting the pipes behind the cats was a bit tough on the hands and forearms. I rented a tail pipe cutter from o'reilly auto parts store for FREE. Can't beat that!

This thing sounds F&^%&^% awesome!!! Here are some pics and a sound clip.

Exhaust clip --> http://www.flickr.com/photos/57135797@N03/5794197461/

Last edited by kzonts; 12-22-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:33 AM
mcstang12
1st Gear Member

Great choice man. Same one I did. Do you have a CAI on there too? When I added my C&L it sounded much better.

Also mine had a rattle from the exhaust hanger hitting the muffler. Make sure there is enough space. Simple bend of the hanger fixes this.

Nice car over all man
Old 06-05-2011, 11:43 AM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mcstang12
Great choice man. Same one I did. Do you have a CAI on there too? When I added my C&L it sounded much better.

Also mine had a rattle from the exhaust hanger hitting the muffler. Make sure there is enough space. Simple bend of the hanger fixes this.

Nice car over all man
Thanks. You actually recommended this in another post and I'm glad I did it. I have the JLT CAI. The exhaust sounds great and isn't loud unless you want it to be which is nice. Mine was making a rattling noise because one of the hangers wasn't completely tight. She's good now. The wife likes it too which is a bonus!
Old 06-06-2011, 06:52 AM
mcstang12
1st Gear Member

Oh right, I remember now. Nice to see you listened and went for it. Still haven't had enough nice days/off work to make a video of my exhaust.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:20 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Looks and sounds good!
Old 06-06-2011, 03:42 PM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

Congrats on the duals!
Old 06-13-2011, 09:18 PM
chromebluestrat
1st Gear Member

Nice install pics. I have the exact same dual exhaust from CJPonyparts also. Got it last year. sounds and looks awesome. I get compliments all the time.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:11 PM
gregspony

Default Instructions

Great job! I just purchased the same kit for my Grabber Blue 2010 V6 and would love a copy of your instructions. Did you find instructions specific to the 2010 kit, or just the earlier version? Thanks!
Old 07-28-2011, 05:25 PM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by gregspony
Great job! I just purchased the same kit for my Grabber Blue 2010 V6 and would love a copy of your instructions. Did you find instructions specific to the 2010 kit, or just the earlier version? Thanks!
Congrats!!! You're going to love it man! At first I thought I should take it somewhere to have it installed, but once I got started it wasn't bad at all.

To replace the rear valance just go to this link to download the instructions for that. I know it states it's for the ROUSCH valance, but it's the same procedure for the GT valance.

http://www.ninosport.com/v/vspfiles/...ce-install.pdf

After you replace the rear valance, which took me an hour or two, then install the exhaust.

I put my front on ramps and the rear I used jack stands. I placed the jack stands in the same location as you would if you were changing the tire. Make sure the car is stable and safe! You need it to be raised up just enough to feed the pipes up over the axle. You may have to twist it around a bit to get it through.

I rented the pipe chain cutter at my local auto part store. It shouldn't cost anything if you return it. :-) Not sure what you plan to use, but it works. Be sure to cut the pipes coming off the cats in the right place otherwise you're screwed. :-) To get a good measurement I took off the existing muffler and pipe then hung the new mufflers and pipes to get the measurement. It took me a few minutes to figure out which side each of the mufflers belonged.

After you cut the pipes just put everything together loosely so you can adjust it and then tighten her up. Make sure you get the hangers good and tight. One of mine started to come loose and began to make some clunking noise.

Good luck and let us hear it when you are done!

Last edited by kzonts; 07-28-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:07 PM
livinloud98
2nd Gear Member

loved my FRPP exhaust on my black 2010, had a great sound to it. good job doing the install your self.

Quick Reply: FORD RACING DUAL EXHAUST KIT V6 2010