Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Time for a new suspension

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 07:32 PM
Sean-V6-Adams

Default Time for a new suspension

I finally have enough money for suspension, i'm only doing this once so what are my best options for a 2010 v6 coupe
Old 06-29-2011, 09:07 PM
BigV8Guy

Slam that **** *****.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:39 AM
SteedaMatt

What are you looking for suspension wise? Is the car drag raced, road raced, or not raced at all. How involved do you want to get with it? There is a lot of options we just need to know what you want out of the car. Let me know if I can help.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:48 AM
Sean-V6-Adams

this is the set up I chose:
Tokico D-Spec adjustable strut and shocks
Eibach Sportline springs
J&M CC plates
J&M adjustable panhard bar

I want a safe drop with no clearance issues since i have 18x10" wheels in the rear, and I want to be able to take sharp turns faster with less body roll and keep my wheels planted for both street and drag racing. Also is there anything else I need for the suspension to work properly?

Nothing is finalized yet so I am willing to change some of my ideas. if you think what i chose isnt a good choice let me know, you prob know a lot more than I

Last edited by Sean-V6-Adams; 07-02-2011 at 11:08 AM.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:02 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by BigV8Guy
Slam that **** *****.
Nice first post you *****.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:33 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
Nice first post you *****.
hahahaha well, some people don't think before they speak. Silly Belgian.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:36 PM
obxdude018
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sean-V6-Adams
Eibach Sportline springs
J&M CC plates

I want a safe drop with no clearance issues since i have 18x10" wheels in the rear, and I want to be able to take sharp turns faster with less body roll and keep my wheels planted for both street and drag racing. Also is there anything else I need for the suspension to work properly?

Nothing is finalized yet so I am willing to change some of my ideas. if you think what i chose isnt a good choice let me know, you prob know a lot more than I
That is a good set of items to begin with, I plan on putting on some d-specs within the next 2 months as well. You might want to look at a set of LCA's as well, they help get rid of annoying wheel hop.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:30 AM
SteedaMatt

Not a bad setup to start I would also consider some LCA's . If I can help you with any of this just give me a call.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:54 AM
JimC

Originally Posted by Sean-V6-Adams
Eibach Sportline springs
J&M CC plates

How much will those springs drop you? For drag racing it could hurt your times because of the affect on weight transfer. You should also get some relocation brackets when you lower the car your LCA angle will likely be wrong for drag racing and will actually push your rear end up and reduce your traction. You want the LCA level or the rear lower than the front on the LCA.

Depending upon how much those springs drop you it may be necessary to get an adjustable UCA to change your pinion angle. I have the FRPP springs on the rear of my car (stock springs up front) and the pinion angle measured out to specs so I haven't had to adjust it yet. The adjustable UCA is much easier than adjustable LCA because you only have one point of adjustment.

I would add both the J&M HotPart LCA and adjustable UCA to your list. The HotPart arms will give you better launch because of the stiffer poly inserts, while giving you good cornering still because of the poly ball they use.

So I would add to your list:

Relocation brackets (can get them from J&M)
HotPart LCA's
HotPart adjustable UCA
Old 07-06-2011, 02:38 PM
Sean-V6-Adams

1.6 in the front and 2 in the back its not too much of a drop because my area has bad roads, and thanks for the tips JimC I will add those to my list unfortunately i will have to save up a couple hundred more but im sure the wait is well worth it