Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

For Those Who Have Supercharged: Huge Difference?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 07:23 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Default For Those Who Have Supercharged: Huge Difference?

I'm getting ready to bite the bullet on a supercharger, probably the Procharger with Intercooler. For those who have supercharged..... How big of a difference can you feel with normal driving?

My car is my daily driver and I doubt I'll be hitting the track much. I've pretty much done so much to my car, the supercharger is the natural choice.

I've been putting it off for way too long, and am really looking forward to the "fun" factor of having that added power.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:10 PM
turbo 2.8
3rd Gear Member

I've been supercharged for a year and 8 months and still loving it ! love, love, love it !
and the fun factor is suprising the hell out of some v-8s . kills - numorius 2005 + 4.6's , 2005 gto, 300c , and fav was 2010 camero ss. although vs the camero temps were a cool 48 degrees and from a 55 roll, I was suprised that I pulled on him and thrilled all at the same time
yea for super charger !!
Old 11-10-2011, 10:28 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by turbo 2.8
I've been supercharged for a year and 8 months and still loving it ! love, love, love it !
and the fun factor is suprising the hell out of some v-8s . kills - numorius 2005 + 4.6's , 2005 gto, 300c , and fav was 2010 camero ss. although vs the camero temps were a cool 48 degrees and from a 55 roll, I was suprised that I pulled on him and thrilled all at the same time
yea for super charger !!
Cool man! I'm looking forward to it. I'm thinking with the 4.10 gears I have now it will be that much faster from the start. I'm looking forward to the sound also.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:46 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by discodave
Cool man! I'm looking forward to it. I'm thinking with the 4.10 gears I have now it will be that much faster from the start. I'm looking forward to the sound also.
I have had my Vortech similar setup as turbo 2.8 and I absolutely love it, I actually look forward to driving my car. 4.10s are the way to go IMO with a centrifugal supercharger, I have the same in my car and it really keeps it in the sweet spot regardless of gear and gets into boost a lot quicker! You will have a blast no matter which form of forced induction you go with! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

I also have straight molested a new Camaro SS on the highway (closed highway of course ) and countless other cars that would leave you good for dead with an N/A 4.0
Old 11-11-2011, 10:28 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

How big of a difference? ...it'll be like a whole different car!!!
Although, when cruising at highway speeds, your just doing that, and there's no difference.
But when you give it more gas, you notice the HUGE difference. The smile on your face will prove it
Old 11-12-2011, 11:52 AM
turbo 2.8
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
I have had my Vortech similar setup as turbo 2.8 and I absolutely love it, I actually look forward to driving my car. 4.10s are the way to go IMO with a centrifugal supercharger, I have the same in my car and it really keeps it in the sweet spot regardless of gear and gets into boost a lot quicker! You will have a blast no matter which form of forced induction you go with! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

I also have straight molested a new Camaro SS on the highway (closed highway of course ) and countless other cars that would leave you good for dead with an N/A 4.0
when are you gonna get that beast to the track !! been looking forward to some slips or vids from ya
Old 11-12-2011, 01:12 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by turbo 2.8
when are you gonna get that beast to the track !! been looking forward to some slips or vids from ya
Will more then likely be when the tracks open back up in the spring. I had/have some odds and ends to do, little things. But the reason why I have waited is because when I go I want to go right!!!

I have some Weld Racestars that will be here Tuesday w/ front runners as well. There isn't much left to do though to make it my version of "track ready" though! And trust me I will post videos!
Old 11-12-2011, 06:06 PM
Joshspony
3rd Gear Member

I just put the Xcharger Xtreme (intercooled) on the stang on sunday and have driven it a few times this week. Just driving it normal, (easy/mild acceleration) not much change. But when you get into the pedal a little more, hold on! Crazy torque like "right now"

It is a totally different car, I found myself getting lost on the way home the other night just cause I didn't wanna park it.

No matter which SC kit you go with, you'll love it!
Old 11-12-2011, 06:13 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

no doubt the greatest upgrdade I've done to my car. nice to have that extra power when you need it.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:19 PM
Nice Pony
2nd Gear Member

OP...You are kidding right? Adding well over 100HP will be noticeable to say the least!

Quick Reply: For Those Who Have Supercharged: Huge Difference?