Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

how do i keep my Gauge gray insted of green when lights are on

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 03:49 PM
maktheknife

Default how do i keep my Gauge gray insted of green when lights are on

Is there anyway to keep my gauge lights white/Gray instead of green when I turn my lights on?
Old 01-10-2012, 03:51 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

You can get a My Color cluster.
Then you can pick from 5 or so colors.

Or if you have a 6 guage cluster it already has My Color.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:57 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

OP, if you're talking about keeping your dash from illuminating when you turn your lights on I have a question:

Why are you interested in this? Typically when your lights are on, it's because it's dark outside. When it's dark outside, it's hard to see inside without the dome light on. So how will you check speed, rpms, fuel, oil pressure, water pressure, etc?

Maybe it's as simple as pulling a fuse from the fusebox? Have you looked at your manual yet? Seeing as how the interior dash lights are directly connected to your headlights/parking lights, I would assume not, but then again I've been wrong before...

I'd re-think it before you even attempt it though. There's a reason why they illuminate when you turn your lights on. It's a safety standard ensuring that in bad weather/dead of night that you can see all of the important information in front of you...
Old 01-10-2012, 04:23 PM
Wpipes
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MadStang40
OP, if you're talking about keeping your dash from illuminating when you turn your lights on I have a question:

Why are you interested in this? Typically when your lights are on, it's because it's dark outside. When it's dark outside, it's hard to see inside without the dome light on. So how will you check speed, rpms, fuel, oil pressure, water pressure, etc?

Maybe it's as simple as pulling a fuse from the fusebox? Have you looked at your manual yet? Seeing as how the interior dash lights are directly connected to your headlights/parking lights, I would assume not, but then again I've been wrong before...

I'd re-think it before you even attempt it though. There's a reason why they illuminate when you turn your lights on. It's a safety standard ensuring that in bad weather/dead of night that you can see all of the important information in front of you...
I believe he is referring to when you engage the ignition (but before you start the car) the gauge is lit up as a whitish/gray color, but when you start the vehicle and turn the lights on it goes to a green color.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:25 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

I don't believe there is a way if you have the base dash.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:04 PM
maktheknife

Originally Posted by Wpipes
I believe he is referring to when you engage the ignition (but before you start the car) the gauge is lit up as a whitish/gray color, but when you start the vehicle and turn the lights on it goes to a green color.
Thats what I want cuz I think the green is kinda ugly compired to the white Idk I think ill just go with the color cluster thing
Old 01-11-2012, 01:26 AM
Ares05
2nd Gear Member

correct me if im wrong, but dont you have to have mycolor from the factory to change colors? and its a pain to install otherwise?
Old 01-11-2012, 02:56 PM
Wpipes
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by maktheknife
Thats what I want cuz I think the green is kinda ugly compired to the white Idk I think ill just go with the color cluster thing
Lol, that's exactly what I said when I saw it go from the white to the green. I believe the purpose is that the green is suppose to be easier on your eyes. The white is a lot brighter and it could be argued as a driving hazard as your eyes will find it harder to adjust from the light to the dark.

If the mycolor is installed already though, how do you use it?
Old 01-11-2012, 03:06 PM
aerbourne
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Wpipes
If the mycolor is installed already though, how do you use it?
Old 01-11-2012, 03:34 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Oh your so mean, Aerbourne.

It's in the manual, I can't really remember who to mess with I set mine on red and haven't touched it since.

Quick Reply: how do i keep my Gauge gray insted of green when lights are on