Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

2006 mustang Throttle Body ?

Old 05-15-2012, 07:30 PM
linux4noobs

Exclamation 2006 mustang Throttle Body ?

Hello,
first of all I hope I am posting in the right section. I have a 2005 ford mustang 4.0 V6 automatic pony package, flood edition lol. (passenger side always floods when it rains lol). anyways, I know my Throttle body is bad, ive been told by many mechanics, including FORD. I replaced the TPS and it helped a little. I am hearing a weird humming noise at 800-1000 RPM. I really dont think its an air leak. Ive tried looking for one. never found it. I need a new Throttle body and I need your guys gearhead expertise on which one I should buy. Can you please give me advise on a throttle body? maybe a link? I am hoping I can just bold on and switch my still new TPS and start her up. Is this true or will I have to do special stuff to the throttle body. Just as an FYI i have already tried MAF cleaner. Please help peeps.

Thanks,
Dude
Old 05-15-2012, 09:02 PM
zanypunk
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by linux4noobs
Hello,
first of all I hope I am posting in the right section. I have a 2005 ford mustang 4.0 V6 automatic pony package, flood edition lol. (passenger side always floods when it rains lol). anyways, I know my Throttle body is bad, ive been told by many mechanics, including FORD. I replaced the TPS and it helped a little. I am hearing a weird humming noise at 800-1000 RPM. I really dont think its an air leak. Ive tried looking for one. never found it. I need a new Throttle body and I need your guys gearhead expertise on which one I should buy. Can you please give me advise on a throttle body? maybe a link? I am hoping I can just bold on and switch my still new TPS and start her up. Is this true or will I have to do special stuff to the throttle body. Just as an FYI i have already tried MAF cleaner. Please help peeps.

Thanks,
Dude
You mentioned the RPM but not the speed.
Convertable?
I would go with an OEM in your situation. I wouldn't put an after-market one. The TPS comes separately from the throttle body. Sounds to me that there's more to it though. I would check the resistance at the TPS. There may be some corrosion.
For water leaks there are different places I'm thinking of.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:18 PM
Roush05
3rd Gear Member

I have an OEM GT throttle body that I'm looking to sell for $40 plus shipping. Let me know if you're interested.

Last edited by Roush05; 05-15-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:20 PM
JimC

The GT throttle body won't fit the V6. (can't put the oval throttle body on the circle without a leak!)

And the 2005 model year didn't have a Pony package by the way OP.

You can get a Jerry Stranigan port and polish throttle body off ebay or by contacting him directly. It uses all the stock hardware so it doesn't have the issues some of the aftermarket ones do. I don't know if he has any on ebay at the moment. Usually he sells them with no electronics so your new stuff can be put on the PNP from him.

Last edited by JimC; 05-15-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:29 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

If you do decide to go with an aftermarket TB this will have to be done...

https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s...nt-bypass.html
Old 05-17-2012, 11:07 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

As mentioned, a stock throttle body will be your best replacement.
I have a stock 2006 v6 throttle body for sale, similar to the shown for the GT in the pics, but for a V6. $80 shipped, complete, with TP sensor and motor control. (the one shown in the pics above do not have those attached.)

Last edited by tx_zstang; 05-17-2012 at 11:09 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:14 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tx_zstang
As mentioned, a stock throttle body will be your best replacement.
I have a stock 2006 v6 throttle body for sale, similar to the shown for the GT in the pics, but for a V6. $80 shipped, complete, with TP sensor and motor control. (the one shown in the pics above do not have those attached.)
This will be your best bet here OP. However Mike wouldn't he have the bypass the coolant line that the 2005s had in order to use this one?
Old 05-19-2012, 11:44 AM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

The TB I have is from a 2006 motor, and i dont think is uses the heated TB. Yes he'd need to bypass the heater line, but thats simple enough to do and something you'd want to do anyways. It's a free 'upgrade', lol.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:20 AM
linux4noobs

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by JimC
The GT throttle body won't fit the V6. (can't put the oval throttle body on the circle without a leak!)

And the 2005 model year didn't have a Pony package by the way OP.

You can get a Jerry Stranigan port and polish throttle body off ebay or by contacting him directly. It uses all the stock hardware so it doesn't have the issues some of the aftermarket ones do. I don't know if he has any on ebay at the moment. Usually he sells them with no electronics so your new stuff can be put on the PNP from him.
you are correct. Its a 2006. Thanks for correcting me. Well this is whats going on. Between 800-1000 RPM, I am hearing a humming sound. loud....I replaced the Throttle body and the TPS Sensor to no avail. I dont know where to start now? any ideas? the RPM speed range is frrom start of ignition (sound starts) to 20 miles an hour. The noise did temporarily go away after I replaced the throttle body for about a day.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:22 AM
linux4noobs

how do I correct the title of my thread?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2006 mustang Throttle Body ?