Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Questions on procharger 4.0

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 04:35 PM
StangMuscle
1st Gear Member

Default Questions on procharger 4.0

Can't help wanting to upgrade the 4.0 and give it some *****! Lol

Ive heard good things about the procharger, I wanted to see what others have to say about it. I have seen multiple kits online, one claiming 400hp! That would be nice Is this safe on the 4.0? If not.. what is? I have no mods as is, just researching before I make any rash decisions. I am definitely looking to go supercharger, and I heard the procharger was the best..
Old 02-22-2013, 04:47 PM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

I'm not sure you can get 400hp on the 4.0, but I have the ProCharger and I'm happy with it so far. The car is VERY fun to drive! I have no experience with other brands so I can't comment in that regard.

Check out my ProCharger thread:
https://mustangforums.com/forum/pipe...r-project.html
Old 02-22-2013, 06:42 PM
StangMuscle
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kzonts
I'm not sure you can get 400hp on the 4.0, but I have the ProCharger and I'm happy with it so far. The car is VERY fun to drive! I have no experience with other brands so I can't comment in that regard.

Check out my ProCharger thread:
https://mustangforums.com/forum/pipe...r-project.html
Yea 400hp sounds a bit far fetched.. man would that be awesome though! That's an awesome thread, thank you! Over 100hp is a great increase, but I still feel like there is more to get out of the 4.0. Your stang looks the nuts btw!
Old 02-22-2013, 07:29 PM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by StangMuscle
Yea 400hp sounds a bit far fetched.. man would that be awesome though! That's an awesome thread, thank you! Over 100hp is a great increase, but I still feel like there is more to get out of the 4.0. Your stang looks the nuts btw!
Thanks. I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have. If you really want 400hp then get a GT.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:27 AM
StangMuscle
1st Gear Member

Looks like a lot of people have been upgrading the heads and cams, then adding the procharger.. im
Thinking of going this route in the future. Im assuming it is a lot safer for the engine, plus you get great hp and tq gains.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:15 PM
aenima4six2

Honeslty, you can't really answer if a blower is a "safe" setup. Bottom line, you are putting more load on your engine at all time, and its NEVER good for the engine. However, they are extremely fun, and if you drive smart, add the necessary supporting mods, and get a solid tune, you should be more than fine. A procharger is a centrifugal pump, which is extremely efficient (right below a turbo), and you can make great power with one. However, if your goal is to feel more "umph" down low, and care less about big numbers, you may want to considers a positive displacement style blower (like the Termi's and the GT500s). A PD blower will build torque and power in a much more linear fashion, and will feel more like a big block NA v8 compared to a centrifugal blower. Also, the PD blowers are basically install and drive, while prochargers and vortechs require maintenance intervals. Hope that helps!
Old 02-25-2013, 12:24 PM
StangMuscle
1st Gear Member

@ aenima4six2
Thank you for the write up, you made some valid points. I have some time to decide what option would work best. Is there an ideal procharger kit to go along with upgraded internals and a good tune? As you said, there is always a risk.. but Im trying to get an idea of what would work best.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:33 AM
aenima4six2

Originally Posted by StangMuscle
@ aenima4six2
Thank you for the write up, you made some valid points. I have some time to decide what option would work best. Is there an ideal procharger kit to go along with upgraded internals and a good tune? As you said, there is always a risk.. but Im trying to get an idea of what would work best.
P1SC or D1SC (if you have the extra cash), tend to be the most popular blowers. You can get them in a package deal with tune, injectors, crank pin kit, etc. Honestly, to save some coin, you may want to jump in on a group buy. That's what I did with my TVS1900, and I saved almost 2K.