Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

VERY rough ride. Is it normal?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 05:50 PM
STSGuy

Thanks, Bitter, my pleasure. The trick now is to see how well they fix it. He said he had to order some parts so I'm certainly hoping they're Ford parts (I imagine they will be). I am hoping that my car will be like new. Love the car!

Next project is to remove and replace the racing stripes (factory PP grey hood to trunk) that are peeling. I am thinking of replacing them with matte black, and the car is black so that should look sharp. I'm not all that crazy about the grey/silver ones that came from the factory.

Anyway it's always good when someone steps up to the plate and tries to help, right?

I'll update the thread when I get the car back next week. Have a great weekend and thanks for your help.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:03 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by STSGuy
No I have the 18" Pony Package rims/wheels.
Interesting that your '07 PP has 18" rims......mine is an '07 PP also but I have 17" rims. Could be that the previous owner bought bigger rims. I bought mine brand new so I know they originally came with 17" rims.
Let us know how everything turns out.

Last edited by 07 Stang; 09-13-2013 at 09:06 PM.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:08 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rudolph Hucker
normal.
the technology on these cars is 1960's

i drive many cars and vans in my job..the mustang handles and drives like a sack of $****e compaired to say a bmw..
they are crude cheaply made cars in a pretty frock..

the rear axle is a joke tbh..
the new stang is gonna be the muts nuts though i rekon.
p's u rekon your coupe handles like crap?
go drive a vert lol..dangerous in fact...
without doubt the worst handling car i have EVER driven..so bad i had to sell it
Curious, do you still own your Mustang? Why come here and bash our pride and joy?
Old 09-14-2013, 06:47 AM
Bitter
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
Interesting that your '07 PP has 18" rims......mine is an '07 PP also but I have 17" rims. Could be that the previous owner bought bigger rims. I bought mine brand new so I know they originally came with 17" rims.
I was also curious about that. My '06 Pony Package came with 17" rims as well.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:58 AM
Bitter
2nd Gear Member

It looks like he still owns it. He posted this two days ago in another forum here:

Originally Posted by Rudolph Hucker
2 weeks mine goes away till first of april
fresh mobile 1
new filter
bullit wheels back on ( tyre flat spots can ruin ya tyres)

Last edited by Bitter; 09-14-2013 at 08:05 AM.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:03 AM
STSGuy

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
Oops my bad. Typo. I will fix right away, they are indeed 17". Thanks for the correction.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:12 AM
STSGuy

Originally Posted by Bitter
It looks like he still owns it. He posted this two days ago in another forum here:
LOL good catch. I participate in Cadillac and Chevy forums elsewhere and there's always someone who likes to "stir things up", so to speak.

Thanks again Bitter for your help. Have a wonderful weekend.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:01 PM
Hikari_NOS
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
I'll have what YOU'RE smokin'...

And if you CAN get the dealership to cover it on your ESP, then have them also replace the tires, brakes, wiper blades, battery, light bulbs and any other "normal wear" item that you can think of. I'll be on my knees bowing since no dealer in their right mind would replace suspension components for free at 60k miles unless it was related to an obvious defect.
I'm not smoking anything. I just remember this stuff from when my family purchased a car back in 2005 for me to drive back and forth to school/work. That is the whole reason behind a ESP is to give you an extended service protection in the off-chance that something does occur after so many miles.

Spoke to dealership. ESP that I purchased lists suspension, including struts and shocks as covered under my (Premium, most expensive) plan. The other stuff is ok, i.e. wipers, brakes, battery, lights, etc. They are bending over backwards to make this right, I really respect them for this, since it is an older car and had had one accident (known to me when I bought it). This is partially my fault for not having had it inspected by a 3rd party before delivery, but also it may be up to them to rectify since it had to pass a safety and certification check in order to be registered with the Ontario ministry. I'll let you know.
Glad to hear that I was right in what I remembered about it being covered. lol Anyways, also happy to hear that they are trying to help you out though. It's also really nice that they loaned you a car to drive while yours is in the shop. I don't really know many dealerships that actually try to help and aren't corrupt. I got screwed over by the Ford dealership where I lived in Tennessee and still had issues with my mustang. After me and my husband cleaned the terminals by the PCM, it was fine and hasn't died since.

I figured they would have checked the car out though before letting it pass safety tests, but what better way to get money out of someone than to put a lemon on the lot and resale it knowing it had/has problems that haven't been fixed. The place I got mine from actually went under about a month or so after me and my husband signed the papers and started paying it off. They were keeping payments for vehicles and storing it in their personal bank accounts. I'm just lucky I wasn't one of the people who had their car taken back by the bank(s). Anyways, let us know how things go and if they got fixed. n_n You are welcome for the help. That's what we're all here for is to help each other out when we can.

Last edited by Hikari_NOS; 09-14-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:46 AM
STSGuy

Originally Posted by Hikari_NOS
They were keeping payments for vehicles and storing it in their personal bank accounts. I'm just lucky I wasn't one of the people who had their car taken back by the bank(s).
What sleazy slime buckets!
Old 09-16-2013, 11:24 AM
Hikari_NOS
1st Gear Member

What sleazy slime buckets!
I know right? We managed to get the car refinanced and paid off though. n_n So its all mine now.