Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Rough Idle

Old 10-01-2013, 08:51 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Any updates?
Did you get your battery and alternator tested?
Old 10-05-2013, 11:34 AM
Dencon
1st Gear Member

No not yet. I have ben working a ton of hours the past two weeks. I got some time off this week and I am going to take it down to a buddy of mine's shop and have them test it. I will let you know.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:19 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dencon
No not yet. I have ben working a ton of hours the past two weeks. I got some time off this week and I am going to take it down to a buddy of mine's shop and have them test it. I will let you know.
OK, just wondering!
You could also have it checked out for free at Pepboys, Advanced Autos, Autozone and etc.

Last edited by kevinmalec; 10-07-2013 at 09:25 AM.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:57 PM
Dencon
1st Gear Member

I had the charging systems checked out and it tested al OK. So my next step will be the wires and then maybe have the injectors go through a good cleaning.
I was really noticing it today. It is like a steady vibration when at idle, sitting still. It is really starting to get annoying.
I just hope that this car will last till next August. I think I am going to trade it in on a new '14 or if I can find a low mileage 09 Pony Package with a stick. If I knew what I know now about these cars. That is what I would have looked for. It is also showing signs of the Trans going. I have read a lot about the 06s have big problems with the ATs.
I will let you know how things go.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:02 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Good to hear the charging system checked out OK! Sorry to hear the search still continues....
Is your transmission slipping? RPM goes up quickly, however your speed is increasing really slow?
At 65K, I had to replace out my whole clutch assembly due to the slave cylinder/throw out bearing/going bad. I could barely get my shifter to go into any gear. I had to jam it super hard into every gear in order drive it to the mechanic.
Are you considering a GT?
If so, definitely look at the 08+ models.

Last edited by kevinmalec; 10-09-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:06 PM
Dencon
1st Gear Member

I have an AT with a harsh shift and hesitation on reverse. I have read that allot of AT 05 and 06s have this problem but no one has figured it out yet.

I have thought about a GT, but to tell you the truth. I really like the planer looks of the bumpers on the V6s. I also like the idea of doing something with the V6. If I get one like I want. I would like to set it up to run a road course on track days. Only thing I would like to find for that car would be the rear end out of a GT. I really like the looks of the Pony Package V6s.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:23 PM
SLVRSTNG06
2nd Gear Member

Hmm, I would definitely change out the wires and clean the injectors like you said and then take it from there....
Old 11-14-2013, 05:59 PM
kc5mhb
2nd Gear Member

I've been noticing my 2007 V6 has a shutter at idle and usually while in drive and stopped. Think I've figured out that when the electric fan kicks on, that is when it shutters. I have a new battery and alternator but at 70K miles I haven't done anything else.
Old 11-16-2013, 12:48 AM
Dencon
1st Gear Member

That is just what mine is doing. The other day my daughter was hitting the window button and it did it too. So it is looking like whenever there is an electrical load on the system. The shutter starts. I am just living with it at this point. It just needs to make it to next summer. Then it is getting traded in. Might get a 2014. but I really like the 05-09 body the best. The 10-14 just do not do it for me like the earlier ones.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:46 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Well, I'd go with having the battery and alternator tested at a qualified shop, then clean the TB and replace the fuel and air filters. I'd also run SeaFoam thru a tank or 2.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rough Idle