Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

T5 cluster

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 11:31 AM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pedalhappy
I dont see how it would make a difference if the TB I have fits both the 3650 and my t5?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/exedy-...nder-0513.html

unless it wont bolt to the flex plate or the flywheel it should work fine correct?
The issue I'm cautioning about is with bearing throw. The bearing may not retract far enough in or not throw far enough out . I can't say how likely that would be but with aftermarket parts things will be different and without adjustability you can't correct for it. The Excedy TB may have more travel built in than a stock but another concern is that most all the R&D is done on the V8 I have to assume.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:46 AM
pedalhappy
1st Gear Member

whats the actual size of our clutch disks? 10.4? or just a flat 10?
Old 04-24-2014, 12:05 PM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

10" but there was a change made in '07 I believe but I can't recall what it was. I think it may have been the flywheel. If you don't have the recessed surface area you may be able to run the 10.4 if it clears the bolts. This is my flywheel
Old 04-25-2014, 08:10 AM
pedalhappy
1st Gear Member

yea we have the same flywheel, mine was prior to june 07. anyways I was trying to get this done for around 1600 but it dont seem like that is very possible.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:12 AM
pedalhappy
1st Gear Member

so all i should need is the clutch plate then. and maybe the tb
Old 04-25-2014, 09:43 AM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

so all i should need is the clutch plate then. and maybe the tb
It adds up fast that's for sure. If you can match the new clutch plate design with the old one then it should be fine. I just replaced the CenterForce dual friction plate with McCloed's 26 spline dual friction plate and kept the CF pressure plate. I first resurfaced the flywheel with an 80 sanding disk on my angle die-grinder.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:23 AM
pedalhappy
1st Gear Member

Ok so I just ordered the same dual friction 26 spline clutch plate from mcloed. Its funny cause it is measuring just under 10" its like 9 11/16 but it should work just fine. I also ordered the 1-4 gear set from gforce and they should be in route here pretty soon. Hoping to get the parts within a month so I can get this dam thing going again. Thanks for your help jim
Old 04-25-2014, 12:51 PM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

Yea, it may actually be metric sized so as long as it fits inside the ring you're good. Let me know how it works out.
Post the p/n for the plate you ordered so we have it logged in this thread. I didn't find my receipt so I have to dig up the box and see if it has the p/n.
Without a new 5th gear your going to have a big drop off in rpm, too low for normal cruising in the 50 - 65mph range, especially if you're pulling a hill. Around town cruising is fine and if you can cross over to the high cruising speed quickly you'll be ok. BTW, what are you doing in Italy?
Old 04-26-2014, 06:32 AM
pedalhappy
1st Gear Member

I am in the army. Got a year left over here. There is no speed limit here so im not one to cruise @ 50-60. even though I have no idea how fast im going due to my 4.10s. But yea as soon as I get my package ill log the P/N
Old 04-27-2014, 10:17 PM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

I am in the army. Got a year left over here. There is no speed limit here so im not one to cruise @ 50-60. even though I have no idea how fast im going due to my 4.10s. But yea as soon as I get my package ill log the P/N
Cool, that was my first guess, thanks for your service! Sounds like you got a pretty decent assignment.
What mods, you must have a tuner to push 305rwh? I thought all the handhelds allowed you to set the update the axle ratio?

Quick Reply: T5 cluster