Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

T5 cluster

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 08:25 AM
pedalhappy
1st Gear Member

I do have a tuner... forgot about the axle ratio option haha. Also I did get it dyno tuned when I had shorties. I now am running LT's with no cats so I really need that tune. Getting a couple lean codes and I dont have my wideband welded in yet so I cant tell what its actually running
Old 04-28-2014, 11:06 AM
pedalhappy
1st Gear Member

plus i cant find anyone who will work with me for email tunes to get it right for a centri-charger
Old 04-28-2014, 11:46 PM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pedalhappy
plus i cant find anyone who will work with me for email tunes to get it right for a centri-charger
Well you'll need the wide band first. Have you tried VMP Tuning?
Old 04-29-2014, 08:24 AM
pedalhappy
1st Gear Member

I will check out vmp, Hopefully they dont charge me a ton. Where can I get a computer cord for my sct tuner? I will see about getting an italian to weld in my bung soon
Old 04-29-2014, 10:05 PM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pedalhappy
I will check out vmp, Hopefully they dont charge me a ton. Where can I get a computer cord for my sct tuner? I will see about getting an italian to weld in my bung soon
I would start with who ever is going to do the tune (vmp) but you might also try ebay and see if you can find one more local.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:04 PM
pedalhappy
1st Gear Member

So as an update, I have the trans out. Pulled all the old gears off the main shaft and starting with the new ones. C clamp for 2nd is giving me a hell of a time. I need to pick up 2 bearings, 1 for the input shaft and one for the back side of the cluster. I will be putting it together little by little everyday since I do work and I am tired when I come home.

On a side note I have drilled the hole for the wideband bung and am going to jb weld it in. I have also placed the new 26 spline clutch in. I have a roush boost gauge I will be installing at the same time. Have pictures i just need to upload them. also will have to silicone the back seal for the trans since it was leaking. Dont have time or patience to wait on a new one so ill go the ghetto way and it will work fine. Wasnt a big leak anyways
Old 05-19-2014, 01:08 PM
pedalhappy
1st Gear Member

T5 cluster-rsz_img_0118.jpg

T5 cluster-rsz_img_0119.jpg

T5 cluster-rsz_img_0120.jpg

T5 cluster-rsz_img_0122.jpg

T5 cluster-rsz_img_0123.jpg

T5 cluster-rsz_img_0124.jpg

T5 cluster-rsz_img_0125.jpg

T5 cluster-rsz_img_0126.jpg

T5 cluster-rsz_img_0127.jpg
Old 05-19-2014, 10:22 PM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

Great to see the project is progress! can't wait to have someone to compare notes with. I think you could have probably salvaged that 2nd gear with some of that JBL Weld, lol.
What do you think about the quality of the g-force gears?
Old 05-20-2014, 04:38 AM
pedalhappy
1st Gear Member

well so far I can already tell they are soooo much tougher, I mean just look at the pictures. They do look pretty meaty so I figure they will be whining a bit but nothing im not already used to I mean listen to how loud it is https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...89505838037226
Old 05-20-2014, 03:31 PM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

Sounds good but not too loud to me in that clip but even if its loud keep in mind the exhaust is at a lower frequency range and you'll be sitting right on top of the trans. You'll know soon enough if you want to try and quiet it some. As an example while driving in 3rd I called a guy I was looking to meet up with to buy some parts. When I arrived he told me he was wondering what the noise was he heard coming through over the phone. I wasn't buying Mustang parts so he was probably expecting a Honda. Here's an
of my car at full song but at normal cruising its not overly loud.

Quick Reply: T5 cluster