Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Aftermarket Grille Install: Instrictions online?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 06:07 AM
Boneman
2nd Gear Member

Default Aftermarket Grille Install: Instrictions online?

So I scored this unit off EBAY.

It's actually pretty decently made as f ar as I can tell. Came with a harness that seems reasonably complete.

Thing is, and it was stated in the description, there are no instructions for installation. I'm sure I'll sort it out but if anyone knows of anything out there that would be helpful, that would be awesome.

If not... perhaps I'll create a "write up" for it here.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:53 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Boneman
So I scored this unit off EBAY.

It's actually pretty decently made as f ar as I can tell. Came with a harness that seems reasonably complete.

Thing is, and it was stated in the description, there are no instructions for installation. I'm sure I'll sort it out but if anyone knows of anything out there that would be helpful, that would be awesome.

If not... perhaps I'll create a "write up" for it here.
Hey Bone,

Congrats on the pickup, I'm sure it will look great!

Since that kit looks very similar to the GT Style Pony Delete Grille w/ Fog Lights, The Installation guide for that kit should work for you!

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!

-Will
Old 02-28-2015, 07:00 AM
Boneman
2nd Gear Member

I'll be darned. THANKS. I was pretty much on the money with my presumptions 'til I saw where the car gets jacked up and the wheel pulled off... THAT got me intrigued enough... so, as I type this in, it's printing.

I'll post up before and after pics.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:03 PM
Boneman
2nd Gear Member

Well, installation (mostly) complete. Instructions from American Muscle were quite helpful with a bit of difference pursuant to wiring. I still have to hook up the "Halo" portions of the lights but the fog lights are rocking.

Before:

And AFTER:

I would have hooked up the "Halos" but as it were, just prior to installing the grill, I had just installed the aluminum thermostat housing... and I was just out of gas. SOON though for sure!
Old 03-01-2015, 12:53 AM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

looks way better
i did the same to my v6
if u notice the spot lamps are closer together than on the gt's
Old 03-01-2015, 06:05 AM
Boneman
2nd Gear Member

Yes... just enough further inboard... to require re-location of the horns. Which actually, was the more "challenging" part of the project.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:35 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

I'll be darned. THANKS. I was pretty much on the money with my presumptions 'til I saw where the car gets jacked up and the wheel pulled off... THAT got me intrigued enough... so, as I type this in, it's printing.

I'll post up before and after pics.
Well, installation (mostly) complete. Instructions from American Muscle were quite helpful with a bit of difference pursuant to wiring. I still have to hook up the "Halo" portions of the lights but the fog lights are rocking.

Before:

And AFTER:

I would have hooked up the "Halos" but as it were, just prior to installing the grill, I had just installed the aluminum thermostat housing... and I was just out of gas. SOON though for sure!

Hey Boneman,

Awesome, I'm glad I could help!

It looks great! I'm glad the install was fairly simply for you with the help of the guide, it's definitely worth it!

What are your plans for the car now?

If you ever need anything, feel free to reach out!

-Will
Old 03-04-2015, 03:46 PM
teepee542
2nd Gear Member

Moving the horns was the most difficult part for me as well. I ended up relocating them behind the lower part of the passenger side of the bumper. learned a hard lesson. point the openings down if you don't want them to fill up with water and need to be replaced. just saying...
Old 03-05-2015, 05:22 AM
Boneman
2nd Gear Member

Yep. Mine are actually mounted behind the bulkhead in the area just in front of the fuse box / ECM. And yeah, point 'em down for sure.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:27 AM
Bitter
2nd Gear Member

Kudos to AMWill for helping a member install a product American Muscle sells, but was purchased elsewhere. Customer service is important, and this is why I always look to AM first for parts.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Grille Install: Instrictions online?