Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

2006 Mustang 4.0 issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 01:52 PM
Jibberish

Default 2006 Mustang 4.0 issues

Hello all , I found a 06 Mustang, 5 speed ,110k miles with a XCharger supercharger ,yes on a 4.0 (lol) this guy put some cash into this car .

My question is, I'm pretty sure its got a stock clutch pressure plate, if I jump on it and you can smell the clutch any advice on a good brand ,I want to be better than average but not the best .

Its a beautiful car ,he decked it out like a Cobra with all the trimmings ,I think I might have jumped on it and blew the head gasket, I cant be sure it started to smoke a little from under the hood and the check engine light came on .White smoke from the tail pipe ,and I found what I think is oil residue .I cant tell about the smell ,sweet or sulfur.

The car starts ,idles perfect , no temp increase ,I checked the oil, its in the acceptable full range on the dipper. No weird noises ,purrs like the beast it isn't ,yes I meant isn't..(lol)
Old 01-04-2016, 04:48 PM
Jibberish

Wow 75 views and not even a friendly word of advice , thanks all .
Old 01-04-2016, 06:23 PM
JJHoover
2nd Gear Member

http://www.americanmuscle.com/05-07-...utch-kits.html
Old 01-04-2016, 06:24 PM
JJHoover
2nd Gear Member

did the programmer come with the car? if so hook it up and see what codes were thrown.
Old 01-04-2016, 07:01 PM
JimC

You have to pull the codes due to the CEL. All anyone can do is toss out guesses without that.

Likely why you have only had views and no "help" yet - can't do anything for you on the information provided.
Old 01-04-2016, 07:23 PM
Jibberish

Originally Posted by JimC
You have to pull the codes due to the CEL. All anyone can do is toss out guesses without that.

Likely why you have only had views and no "help" yet - can't do anything for you on the information provided.
Thank you for your time , I've read most of the post on the subject and I understand your point ,don't want to chance driving it guess I'll pay a mobile mechanic to come run the scanner he said 30 bucks at least that's a start . thank you again
Old 01-04-2016, 07:25 PM
JimC

Did you not get the SCT handheld tuner when you bought the car? Did you put premium gas in the car? Since the Xcharger of course requires a custom tune, you really need the tuner and have to run premium (not 87 or 89 - best to run 93 octane); hopefully he didn't set the car back to stock and keep the tuner.

If the seller set it back to stock or you were running the wrong octane, you may have some major problems.

Last edited by JimC; 01-04-2016 at 07:31 PM.
Old 01-04-2016, 07:31 PM
Jibberish

Originally Posted by JimC
Did you not get the SCT handheld tuner when you bought the car? Since the Xcharger of course requires a custom tune, you really need the tuner; hopefully he didn't set the car back to stock and keep the tuner. If so, you may have some major problems.
It was at dealership doing a end of the auction I test drove it a few times with no issue ,I got the car for basicly what I was told the charger was worth and I guess I'll look for a tunner ,it didn't come with it .thank you again that's I surly needed to know .
Old 01-04-2016, 07:57 PM
Jibberish

Originally Posted by Jibberish
It was at dealership doing a end of the auction I test drove it a few times with no issue ,I got the car for basicly what I was told the charger was worth and I guess I'll look for a tunner ,it didn't come with it .thank you again that's I surly needed to know .
The gas in it was what it came with ,but I run premium in my bike and other car so ,heard on that ,my fault I just wanted a mustang ,I do not know anything about superchargers but now with your info I know more than I did .
Old 01-15-2016, 01:07 PM
66and06stangs
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jibberish
Wow 75 views and not even a friendly word of advice , thanks all .
Buddy I saw your post but do not know squat about superchargers... sorry.

Quick Reply: 2006 Mustang 4.0 issues