4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

03 eaton on a 2 valve?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 01:16 PM
ajs88

Default 03 eaton on a 2 valve?

What all is needed for to do this? Would it even be worth it? anyone done it before? Any info. would be greatly appreciated! thanks.

-alex
Old 12-17-2007, 01:28 PM
rd50stang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 03 eaton on a 2 valve?

No not worth it at all. If not mistaken you have to get heads off the 4v and a new intake. You would be alot better off with a kenne bell. Its designed for the 2v and would be alot earier to do. And is a better supercharger.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:29 PM
defconfire
5th Gear Member

I was just thinking about this again today, everyone will say you need a custom adaptor plate and its not worth it at all. But today I was looking at the m112 and upper intake manifold on the ford lightning. Because the Lightnings use a 5.4l 2v engine which has (from what I understand) the same heads as the GT.

I think it could possibly be a bolt-on part? And someone please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:33 PM
shadowfoxx
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ajs88

What all is needed for to do this? Would it even be worth it? anyone done it before? Any info. would be greatly appreciated! thanks.

-alex
This has been discussed many times before.. not to be mean but you need to learn to use the search feature... but to answer your question.. No.. it's not going to happen.. It will not fit without a lot of customization done… and even if you do custom mount it it’s going to cost more then a brand new supercharger already made for a 2 valve.. Not to mention that the eatons suck anyway… that’s why most cobra owners swap it out for a Kenne Bell.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:09 PM
JT76

No, not ever going to happen..... by the time you rigged it together, you could have a proper 2v supercharger. The eaton wouldnt make much power anyway.... NOT WORTH THE TIME AT ALL!!!

I have seen a lot of these threads lately... im going to make this a sticky for a bit
Old 12-17-2007, 03:52 PM
HotStart

Actually, it can be done. Check out http://www.nautilusperformance.com/id74.html.The kit that you seeon the page isn't the final production unit that they will come out with.. From what i understand, they will be coming out with a kit for $700 or so which comes with the basics to run this setup, such as manifold, plumbing, relocation brackets etc....but will not come with fuel, blower or tune etc... It can be very easy to find a ported/pullied eaton M112 for about $400-600 on ebay. If you could get the rest of your parts slightly used (If this isn't a budget supercharger, you might as well get a KB) you could probably do this project for around $1600 or so.. I suggest you give them a call and see what they can help you with. A ported/pullied Eaton is capable of putting out more power than a stock GT block can hold.
-Oliver
Old 12-17-2007, 05:25 PM
JT76

just remember they dont call an Eaton a heaton for nothing... a good friend of mine had a steig ported eaton on his cobra, had to f around with all kinds of cooling goodies. For the money and the hassle you would be much better off going with something like the vortec mongoose kit
Old 12-17-2007, 05:51 PM
ajs88

Thanks for the responces, I think I will pass on doing this. Btw, the search pulled up nothing for me, I search for 30 min. or so before I said the hell with it. thanks again guys!
Old 12-17-2007, 06:01 PM
Hoppers04Gt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HotStart

Actually, it can be done. Check out http://www.nautilusperformance.com/id74.html.The kit that you seeon the page isn't the final production unit that they will come out with.. From what i understand, they will be coming out with a kit for $700 or so which comes with the basics to run this setup, such as manifold, plumbing, relocation brackets etc....but will not come with fuel, blower or tune etc... It can be very easy to find a ported/pullied eaton M112 for about $400-600 on ebay. If you could get the rest of your parts slightly used (If this isn't a budget supercharger, you might as well get a KB) you could probably do this project for around $1600 or so.. I suggest you give them a call and see what they can help you with. A ported/pullied Eaton is capable of putting out more power than a stock GT block can hold.
-Oliver
[sm=interesting.gif]
Old 12-17-2007, 06:30 PM
defconfire
5th Gear Member

I think that seems like an awesome idea because the m112's are not all that bad and they are very abundent, I would say with that adaptor you could have a decent setup for about $2000

Quick Reply: 03 eaton on a 2 valve?