4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Xpipe or Hpipe?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 01:17 AM
Razor19
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Xpipe or Hpipe?

Hey stop dissing on flowmasters [:@]
I just got my installed yesterday on my 96 GT and I love the sound of it. Gives it much more of a deep muscle grumble sound to it. Now all I need is the off road h-pipe and it will be really grumbling. You will never get the real muscle car sound with an x-pipe and magnaflows. Magnaflow mufflers run straight through that why the performance gains are better. Flowmasters are 2 chamber mufflers thats why you get the sound out of them that you do.
Old 02-18-2004, 03:30 AM
GSXRIntensity
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Razor19

I just got my installed yesterday on my 96 GT and I love the sound of it. Gives it much more of a deep muscle grumble sound to it. Now all I need is the off road h-pipe and it will be really grumbling. You will never get the real muscle car sound with an x-pipe and magnaflows. Magnaflow mufflers run straight through that why the performance gains are better. Flowmasters are 2 chamber mufflers thats why you get the sound out of them that you do.
Here's some unheard of info. The only thing I like about CrapMasters is the sound. If you would have looked at the exhaust setup I referenced them with, you should have known that. For performance exhaust they are a waste, but for sound, & for an exhaust w/a crappy warranty...they are #1! No doubt they sound GREAT w/an h-pipe, but let's find out what o'boy has 1st.
Old 02-18-2004, 03:42 AM
Razor19
2nd Gear Member

I didnt single you out GSXRIntensity.
Old 02-18-2004, 10:19 AM
jeep45238
I ♥ Acer

You will never get the real muscle car sound with an x-pipe and magnaflows.
You'll never have a REAL muscle car "sound" with anything but a big block with open headers.
Old 02-18-2004, 11:10 AM
Razor19
2nd Gear Member

True that. But you will get more of the muscle car sound with an off road h-pipe than with any x-pipe.
Old 02-18-2004, 03:19 PM
IsMoKeDu

I have a 2002 GT with bbk x-pipes and no cats with a borla catback system and i am very happy with my exhaust setup. I had flowmasters on it with the x-pipes and it sounded like ****. If you really want quality spend a little extra money and be happy with what you get, don't save a few bucks and not be fully satisfied. go with the x-pipes, you won't regret it.
Old 02-18-2004, 07:22 PM
Razor19
2nd Gear Member

That was your problem you mixed flowmasters and an x-pipe. I dont think I've ever heard anybody say that flowmasters go good with an x-pipe. No doubt an X-pipe will out perform an h-pipe. IMO I like the sound of the flowmasters with the h-pipe better but everybody has different tastes.
Old 02-18-2004, 10:44 PM
BCisme
5th Gear Member

on a 4.6? all you need are long tube headers. i have an off road X pipe with 2 chamber 40 series....and it turns heads everywhere i go. as soon as i can i'm going to make a lil video for you non believers....and you'll think twice about passing up an X pipe with flows.
Old 02-19-2004, 12:44 AM
04ShakinSteed
I ♥ Acer

Obviously, you are in a mustang just for the sound. If you want sound AND performance you would've done Magnaflow. Hey man, STAY with the tin cans[sm=smiley2.gif]
Old 02-19-2004, 12:48 AM
04ShakinSteed
I ♥ Acer

That was your problem you mixed flowmasters and an x-pipe. I dont think I've ever heard anybody say that flowmasters go good with an x-pipe.
No, that is YOUR problem. If you read these threads, I'd say a MAJORITY have X-pipes with their Blowmasters and that is what they prefer.

Quick Reply: Xpipe or Hpipe?