4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Best Midpipe??

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 04:26 PM
straitwangin
4th Gear Member

Default Best Midpipe??

Hi guys just wanted to know what was the best midpipe to give me the sound i want.

im gonna run BBK LT's and either LM1's or stingers, what would be the best midpipe. i wanted something that was o/r because i alreaedy know im gonna fail emmisons. i was thinking the Mac Prochamber but a few people have told me that that would not be sufficent.

i want a deep low rumble at idle and then to scream at people when im crusing and at WOT.

any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks

-ken.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:31 PM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

Default RE: Best Midpipe??

o/r H is gonna give you the deep rumble/burble if paired with stingers,
i dont have LT's on my stingers with a MAC o/r H and its sounds nice

either Stingers or LM I's are gonna get peoples attention with the volume level, then add in an o/r pipe and headers for teh win

(as for what meebix says about o/r X and LM I's being queit when you want)

Stingers and an O/R H are not quiet at all..

unless you ALWAYS shift below 2grand, you run the risk of getting some unwanted attention.
highway noise is extraordinarily loud, and in the car is gonna give you a headache if you dont like loud deep vibrations
Old 05-07-2006, 04:35 PM
straitwangin
4th Gear Member

i was leaning more towards stinger just because i have heard many soundclips and love they way that they sound, but i dont know if there gonna get loud enought for me. that why i was also considering the LM1's.

and here in naperville everyone that i talk to about there loud exhaust have never been pulled over, the police are too busy looking for parties to bust that catch illegal exhaust.

got any input on the mid pipe, becuase everyont keeps telling me that the biggest factor is gonna be ur midpipe and just wanted to know what u guys are running.

i was leaning more towards the o/r H but wanted to know who makes the best?
Old 05-07-2006, 04:43 PM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

THE best o/r H youre gonna find is probably the MRT o/r H,,,

however, its gonna run you more for an uncatted MRT than it would for a catted MAC or BBK

ive had no problems with my MAC o/r H thus far, but my car does not see any snow/salt whatsoever

As for Stingers not being loud enough, as incredibly loud as the LM I's are sure to be, I personally can not imagine them being a great amount louder.

That isnt saying they ARENT louder, but I really doubt it is like comparing night and day.
From my own experiance, I can say that nobody in their right mind would say the o/r H Stinger combo is quiet.. its illogical

HOWEVER, if you are really concerned more with volume than exhaust note, go with the LM I's... meebix swears by them, and countless others enjoy them 'just a little'

good luck, let us know what you decide to do
Old 05-07-2006, 05:13 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

The difference between Stingers and LM1's are minimal, but LM1's are the loudest catback on the market.

Im pretty sure Stingers have a little packing too, compared to the LM1's which are completely hollow. So I would compare the Stingers for the LM2's. Nothing is quite like the LM1's, but like I said, Stingers are very very close behind. Great sounds with either one you choose.

As for the quietness, when I say they are suprisingly quiet, I mean INSIDE the car, lol. They are never quiet for bystanders, but I can hear my radio, contrary to what a lot of people believe with an o/r setup and LM1's. And I say suprisingly quiet, because for the noise that the car makes, its not all that bad on the inside... But its MUCH worse compared to most setups. Its going to be LOUD regardless inside and out, I just say surpsingly because of the comparision from the outside noise to the inside noise.

Oh yea, and for the midpipe... VRS for X, MAC for H.
Old 05-07-2006, 07:51 PM
straitwangin
4th Gear Member

so u guys think that the prochamber will be a little deeper then the vrs o/r x?

and about the loudness i am so use to it, and ive lost some of my hearing already (just turned 18 a few months ago) my last car was measured at 141.57 DB's on the dash.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:03 PM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

the prochamber will definitely be deeper. you schmo you live in naperville well come out here to downers grove i'll show you a real exhaust... not really i have flows welded in... we got another loud car too...

haha well yeah the prochamberw ill be deep the or X will be loudd
Old 05-07-2006, 08:18 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Yea the X is much louder than the H, but the H is deeper.

My X is pretty damn deep though, deep enough for me.... Deep in the low rpms where it needs to be, and then gets progressively higher pitched and louder...But from what I hear, the H;s are REAL deep.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:05 AM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

Mac prochamber for the win.