4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Oficially hooked on autocross!! pictures included

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 11:40 PM
03redGT
3rd Gear Member

Default Oficially hooked on autocross!! pictures included

SOOOOO,

I went. I ran. I smiled. best track time 42.054

I ran my stang at an SCCA autocross event and kicked ***. I finished a little under 5 seconds behind the lead car, who might i say was a white corvette. HAHA man autocross is probably one of the most fun things ive ever done with my pants on. Now im hooked. I am currently saving up for the steeda G trac system. WOOT WOOT

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-07-2006, 11:42 PM
Rusmisel01GT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Oficially hooked on autocross!!

Nice, i didnt think it was possible to run that well with a suspension lift!!! HAHA j/k
Old 05-07-2006, 11:52 PM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

Very nice !

I have been interested in doing autocross for quite some time now, but have always ruled it out thinking it would be too expensive to participate in the events. Can you give me some details on your experience?

1. How much did it cost to participate?
2. You don't have any mods listed for suspension, I'm assuming you did on the stock setup?
3. How did the GT handle in the event? Try and be specific.
4. If you finished 2nd, that's damn good! What cars were there racing besides you and the Vette?5.
5. How well did the stock GT brakes do in this kind of stop and go racing?

I've been wanting to do autocross for AGES. I like to accelerate fast with drag racing, but actual driving like that would be so much more rewarding. I really don't want to use the Stang I am building up right now for autocross, but I would like to get another vehicle for it. I just can't decide what to get when the time comes. I thought about an old Foxbody, and building up the suspension. But getting a small 4cyl turbo car that handles really well, and building up the suspension/power would be fun too.

The main thing that has held me back so far is the cost of tires and brakes. I've heard a lot of horror stories about how fast you can chew through pads and tires in autocross. Guess I'll need to look more into it, but I'm always thinking about it.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:33 AM
03redGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Quickshift_02GT

Very nice !

I have been interested in doing autocross for quite some time now, but have always ruled it out thinking it would be too expensive to participate in the events. Can you give me some details on your experience?

1. How much did it cost to participate?
2. You don't have any mods listed for suspension, I'm assuming you did on the stock setup?
3. How did the GT handle in the event? Try and be specific.
4. If you finished 2nd, that's damn good! What cars were there racing besides you and the Vette?5.
5. How well did the stock GT brakes do in this kind of stop and go racing?

I've been wanting to do autocross for AGES. I like to accelerate fast with drag racing, but actual driving like that would be so much more rewarding. I really don't want to use the Stang I am building up right now for autocross, but I would like to get another vehicle for it. I just can't decide what to get when the time comes. I thought about an old Foxbody, and building up the suspension. But getting a small 4cyl turbo car that handles really well, and building up the suspension/power would be fun too.

The main thing that has held me back so far is the cost of tires and brakes. I've heard a lot of horror stories about how fast you can chew through pads and tires in autocross. Guess I'll need to look more into it, but I'm always thinking about it.
1. It cost me 10 bucks to enter the event because it was my forst time(usually 15-20)
2. Yeah i ran my baby bone stock short of a K&N filter
3. The GT handles way past my expectations. Like i said i placed really well. (mostly the driver-me) Underseer was a fairly serious issue in the hard fast corners, but if you slow it down enough, the car WILL do very well. the car stayed pretty level through the corners. i managed to power slide an entire U turn as long as you know where the car is and what it's limits are, youl do fine. all ive got to say abot the straights, is my car hauled A$$. it was almost heavenly.
4. I didnt finish second, i said the lead car was a vette, and i was bragging about being so close. i finished somewhere in the top 5 or 6. there were about 50 cars there i think maybe 55. In the race was the vette, 3 lanver evos, a srt4, a wrx sti, a few miatas, a mini cooper s, 2 eclipses, a talon, a camaro, a 300zx, a 240zx, and me and a bunch of others. the lancers and the vette and the mini cooper did better than me. the talon managed to pull off the same times within a few tenths.
5. the stock GT brakes did astonishingly well. they served their purpose. i wont replace them. also after all that racing, my tires still looked about the same. since they are pretty new.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:42 AM
TeeStang
3rd Gear Member

nice pics... looks like an awesome time!
Old 05-08-2006, 12:44 AM
BCisme
5th Gear Member

fun stuff!! the steeda G trac will kick *** with some good tires!!
Old 05-08-2006, 01:40 AM
03redGT
3rd Gear Member

i know i cant wait!! so al ittle off topic, but earlier last month i said i lost to a new GTI with a turbo, well i got my fuel system checked and it turns out my car needed some parts, so i fixed it and raced him again and beat him by an easy 8 car lengths. SAWEET!!!
Old 05-08-2006, 02:29 AM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

nice man, I wanna do that some day!