4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

ok guys, im running out of ideas.

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 12:06 AM
zanderwitaz
2nd Gear Member

Default ok guys, im running out of ideas.

I have upgraded almost everything I can for my engine aside from heads/cams.

Intake:

K&N FIPK II
PP 75mm TB
C&L 7mm plenum

exhaust:

UPR o/r X

Tune:

predator tune

Other:

Steeda UDP's
copper spark plugs

really all I can do is shorties and a catback, but i have my reasons for not doing them.

any one got some ideas? there used to be a sticky on this but i cant find it.

once im done with my engine specs, I'l move on to suspension.

i have plans for:

CC plates/springs/bump steer kit
sway bars
U/L control arms

Old 05-08-2006, 12:13 AM
kecclest
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: ok guys, im running out of ideas.

Throw some gears out back. It will help your acceleration, but I'm sure you already knew about that.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:13 AM
Niteryder
2nd Gear Member

You can maybe try to lighten the drivetrain/spinning mass up some. Get lighter harmonic balancer, flywheel, driveshaft.. How about some 4.10 gears?
Old 05-08-2006, 12:14 AM
bsteen81
3rd Gear Member

You could get a new intake manifold and injectors, and spacers. Maybe an ignition too. That should add a few pony's.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:15 AM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

I would start on suspension for sure.

Why don't you want to swap the catback or headers?
Old 05-08-2006, 12:18 AM
00accord
1st Gear Member

get longtubes man. shorties are worthless for your gt.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:23 AM
zanderwitaz
2nd Gear Member

thanks guys. the reasons for not doing headers and gears is that its not something i would trust myself to do, and I dont have the money for labor.(Im in the bay area-california. labor is a bitch) Ive seen minimal gains out of a catback, but the sound with an o/r X would be terrrible. I like the idea of a lighter drivetrain though. Im going to look into those alum. driveshafts. are they a do it yourself mod? I dont know where to get a lighter harmonic balancer, and if I did, It would have to be the same diameter as the steeda one to work with the other UDP's. But yes im definitely starting on suspension soon.

hey quickshift, I have the G sport tires too and theyre awesome. definitely the best Z rated tires for the price. they handle like a dream. do you like them?
Old 05-08-2006, 12:28 AM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

I absolutely love them so far. These tires and the GS-D3's were my the two I couldn't decide between. I needed the tires immediately and couldn't afford to get the wheels I wanted at the same time, so the price was the final decider. They seem to be great for straight line performance for a street tire. The handling is fanastic! The wet traction is fair enough, but I don't drive it in the rain anymore anyway.

I would buy another set of them again when the time comes, but when that happens...I'm getting the black deep dish bullet 10.5's for the rear and also black bullets for the front. I'll be getting the GS-D3's to wrap around them at that time.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:33 AM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: zanderwitaz

thanks guys. the reasons for not doing headers and gears is that its not something i would trust myself to do, and I dont have the money for labor.(Im in the bay area-california. labor is a bitch) Ive seen minimal gains out of a catback, but the sound with an o/r X would be terrrible. I like the idea of a lighter drivetrain though. Im going to look into those alum. driveshafts. are they a do it yourself mod? I dont know where to get a lighter harmonic balancer, and if I did, It would have to be the same diameter as the steeda one to work with the other UDP's. But yes im definitely starting on suspension soon.

hey quickshift, I have the G sport tires too and theyre awesome. definitely the best Z rated tires for the price. they handle like a dream. do you like them?
I agree most catbacks would sound bad with the O/R X but a flowmaster catback would not. It would sound really sick actually, gives a badass hollow sound, like an old aggressive muscle car. I'll vouche for the lighter flywheel, I love mine.

I would definately say go with some suspension, I personally would say some coilovers...I went with lowering springs and I later am going to switch to the MM coilovers, aswell as lower control arms and a panhard bar (for handeling).
Old 05-08-2006, 02:06 AM
97targa
5th Gear Member

You need a set of longtubes on there. Big..Big..difference of power especially with all the other add-ons

Quick Reply: ok guys, im running out of ideas.