4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Why do I spend my life savings just to enter the race?

Old 05-12-2006, 08:39 PM
Sonicpilz
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Why do I spend my life savings just to enter the race?

Evidently around here in "hick town" South Carolina, people would rather put money in their cars than in housing. EVerytime I drive through town I see somebody reving up at me. Since I've had my car.....the only thing (other than shi**y honda's or something) is other GT's. Lost to Camaro Lt1/LS1's, TA's, Mach's, and 1 Cobra.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:40 PM
Monch
3rd Gear Member

like 2000 said: long tubes

while you are at it, slap on a professional products 70mm tb/plenum or just port your own plenum. they can be had for $230. coupled with the long tubes these things really shine.

then get some underdrive pulleys, despite what you might hear, they do make a difference. get steeda or march

if you still want to go faster then cams + tune.

you will be happy
Old 05-12-2006, 08:42 PM
Sonicpilz
2nd Gear Member

OK on the subject of bottles. Isn't it illegal to be able to access the bottle from the driver's seat??? Does this include being able to open the back rest of the back seat and opening the bottle??? Also exactly how "safe" is nitrous. If I ever got my car to run like I want.....I'd like to be able to keep it for a while.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:46 PM
Sonicpilz
2nd Gear Member

I have been meaning to port my plenum. I have the pneumatic grinders to do it. Would it make a difference without a TB or would I be wasting my time? Does anybody know where I could find some photo's of a PORTED plenum?? Just to get some kind of reference to go by??
Old 05-12-2006, 08:46 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Monch

like 2000 said: long tubes

while you are at it, slap on a professional products 70mm tb/plenum or just port your own plenum. they can be had for $230. coupled with the long tubes these things really shine.

then get some underdrive pulleys, despite what you might hear, they do make a difference. get steeda or march

if you still want to go faster then cams + tune.

you will be happy
+ 5000.

At full boltons and a tune, you have a shot at ANY stock LS1 F-body. From a dig I was really tearing into my buddys car. That was the first night I had shifted the TKO hard too, so there was a little more in the car.

Before the camshafts I took down a few LS1s. I was able to put it on a WS-6 6spd pretty hard from a dig (killed me from a roll).

Its hard to expect any more than that from a bolton only car.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:49 PM
Sonicpilz
2nd Gear Member

LT's means I have to re-do my $350 exhaust system. Are LT's something that can be done myself??
Old 05-12-2006, 08:58 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sonicpilz

LT's means I have to re-do my $350 exhaust system. Are LT's something that can be done myself??
Honestly they are pretty tough. We had a hard time getting them all the way done with the car 6' in the air.

Are you in a inspection state? A off road x is alot cheaper...
Old 05-12-2006, 08:58 PM
ScorpiuS
2nd Gear Member

They are a f'n bitch to put on according to alot of people. But like 2000gt said, it will help that exhaust of yours a hella lot better and will help you out significantly. Don't feel insecure about losin to ls-1's, at least your car looks better. Ls1's look like gay batman cars anyways[8D]
Old 05-12-2006, 09:06 PM
Hoov
1st Gear Member

Please don't take this the wrong way, but if your intentions are to be able to run with Mach 1's and the like, shouldn't you have done your homework before spending all that money?
Old 05-12-2006, 09:12 PM
alfromcal846
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sonicpilz

Evidently around here in "hick town" South Carolina, people would rather put money in their cars than in housing. EVerytime I drive through town I see somebody reving up at me. Since I've had my car.....the only thing (other than shi**y honda's or something) is other GT's. Lost to Camaro Lt1/LS1's, TA's, Mach's, and 1 Cobra.
Dude ur racing cars that are all at 300 or more horses. just save up and get s/c. Although the best bang for buck hands down is th 03/04 cobra. I mean with 281 ci dont expect the same runs as 350's. The modular motor doesnt work that way with a cam swap and exhaust ur at 100 hp.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why do I spend my life savings just to enter the race?