4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

i am new here

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 10:38 AM
joe_1_036

Default i am new here

hows it going i am tring to get some more info about the 4.6 i have a 04 i did some work to it i put 3:73 gears a aluminium drive shaft a almuninum fly wheel steeda. steeda udp. cl plenuim. c&l cold air intake, shorty headers , and a chip dont know what one its is and doing a 100 shot of spray zex dry kit. i was tring to find out about a thorttle body i gat mixed reactions when i ask about them some say its good some say it not . and will the 4.6 handle a 125 shot . the say the lower end is weak. i have about 2500 to put into the car by next week and dont have to much knowledge on the 4.6. and what else can i do for traction i dont get good times at the track i just spin and spin so know i dont even run it. thanks for the in put
Old 05-24-2006, 10:47 AM
4.698GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: i am new here

Lower and upper control arms, along with Drag Radials are gonna give you much better traction at the track, but i dont know if you still wont spin. Depending on what kind of transmission you have, you can get a better clutch and short throw shifter(manual) or you can get a shift kit, a torque converter, and a transcooler to help with the auto. Probably should dump the chip since you said you dont know what it has. A good dyno tune will help with the shot of nitrous, and one other thing you could throw on is a hand held tuner, either SCT or Diablo.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:48 AM
blackbetty01
4th Gear Member

Throttle bodys really dont offer alot of HP for the dollar but they do improve throttle response, with your setup I would think it is the limiting factor too since you have CAI on one side and an aftermarket Plenum on the other.

Some people say 125 is okay, but that is definitely the MOST you could get away with and really you would be pushing your luck.

Traction, get Granatelli Upper and Lower Control arms, should be able to find them for under $250 and they will help plant the tires. Also, Full -length subframe connectors are a must for the kind of power you will be making with a 100-125 shot of nitrous.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:53 AM
Sebski
2nd Gear Member

Ive been running a 125 wet shot Zex kit aswell. no problems so far jsut fun but i think im goin to tine it down to a 100 BUt then again its not cuzz im scared i just like even numbers better than odd ones.