4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

King Cobra...LoOk HeRe

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 10:05 PM
99blackout
2nd Gear Member

Default King Cobra...LoOk HeRe

Alright so I purchased the King cobra clutch kit. I was just wondering for the people with this kit....what flywheel did you use. I understand I need the roller pilot bearing, clutch alingment tool, and the adjutable clutch cable kit. Is this true? Do I really need all these. If so, where did you purchase all of these items. Thanks for your help
Old 05-26-2006, 10:06 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Default RE: King Cobra...LoOk HeRe

ORIGINAL: 99blackout

Alright so I purchased the King cobra clutch kit. I was just wondering for the people with this kit....what flywheel did you use. I understand I need the roller pilot bearing, clutch alingment tool, and the adjutable clutch cable kit. Is this true? Do I really need all these. If so, where did you purchase all of these items. Thanks for your help
The bearing should come with the clutch kit?? At least mine did.

you don't have to have the adjuster and quadrant, but its a good idea. I got mine from www.modularpowerhouse.com.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:47 PM
willyd465
3rd Gear Member

not to steal the thread or anything, but would you recomend the king cobra, or a spec clutch?
Old 05-27-2006, 12:05 AM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

Haha i reused my pilot bearing... havent had any troubles over 6months now. Flywheel i just got mine resurfaced, which is a must unless you buy another flywheel.

With a new clutch its a good idea to by the firewall adjuster... if for some reason you dont buy it and it ends up being a little "off" (dont know how else to describe it) the clutch might slightly being applied to the flywheel even whenever your foot is on the clutch. Hence it will burn your clutch in a very short period of time.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:06 AM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

I bought my firewall adjuster and quadrant from UPR. I have the 3 hook quadrant. I dont know what clutch alignment tool you're talking about.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:28 AM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

I have the king cobra kit. I reused my pilot bearing, it was good, so long as there is no scoring and it turns smooth you are good. Just dab a lil bit of grease in there and you are set. It comes with the throwout bearing. Inspect this throroughly as sometimes they are duds. Mine was/is good.

I reused my stock flywheel. $44 for a resurface, and it turned out EXCELLENT. I also have the UPR kit. It came with the cable, firewall adjuster, and 3 hook quadrant. All work together great.

I would reccomend this kit for no mods to mildly modded. Once you break into heavily modded this clutch won't be the greatest. For my uses, it is perfect

George
Old 05-27-2006, 01:33 AM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

ive always wanted to know what the firewall adjust and the quadrent did? do i have it on a stock clutch? why is it needed./
Old 05-27-2006, 01:53 AM
Fryguy22
4th Gear Member

All it does it adjusts the clutch pedal. You can make it tighter or looser. Tighter = catches earlier. Looser = catches later.

I have the king cobra kit as well and have the UPR kit. Love them both.
Old 05-27-2006, 02:29 AM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

I have a question about the UPR KIT!!!!

Why would the clutch feel stiffer and not release as smooth when I first start the car??? Then like after it warms up all is well??

This DID NOT HAPPEN with the stock cable/quadrant etc.... did I put it in wrong or does it need grease??
Old 05-27-2006, 09:42 AM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: monkeydude3

I have a question about the UPR KIT!!!!

Why would the clutch feel stiffer and not release as smooth when I first start the car??? Then like after it warms up all is well??

This DID NOT HAPPEN with the stock cable/quadrant etc.... did I put it in wrong or does it need grease??

Maybe its the clutch.... i installed teh upr kit at the same time as the clutch... just a different feel with the clutch.

Quick Reply: King Cobra...LoOk HeRe