4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

mach1 chin spoiler install

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 12:56 PM
Pietrasz4
3rd Gear Member

Default mach1 chin spoiler install

i just want to clarify what size drill bit you need for the holes, and also how i planned on doing this was leaving it out in the heat for a couple hours and getting it real soft, and lining it up even with the fender wells and drilling the holes and putting the fasaners in, and start pulling the spoiler out everything i drill so it lines up corectlelly with the bumper, so i wont have a huge gap up front, is this a good way of installing it? i am terrible at explaining so can someone explain how to do it?
Old 05-30-2006, 01:16 PM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

Default RE: mach1 chin spoiler install

i know there are plenty of different ways to do it....but i used a small strip of the thinnest double-sided 3M tape i could find...and put it RIGHT behind each hole...i lined up the very middle hole with the center of the license plate so it was flush from the front....i didnt take the backing off the tape until it was alligned though...i had another set of hands to help me too...i know it can be done by yourself but it just helps to have someone hold it while you move it around....then i took the center piece of tape's backing off when i had it where i wanted it....then i did both sides next to the very center one....and so on....when it was up where i wanted it i drilled the holes using a dremel and the drill bit that came with it....then i got some 1/4" bolts (with the round head) , nuts, and washers from OSH and bolted it down....i recommend using the locking nuts with the plastic thread as it will not be going anywhere with those....actually the alignment mine is a little off but it's pretty hard to get it PERFECT....just blame ford for not making the sides long enough for it to be completely flush all the way around the front fascia....i deal with it....GL man!
Old 05-30-2006, 01:33 PM
Pietrasz4
3rd Gear Member

what drill bit should i use?
Old 05-30-2006, 01:51 PM
tommy_t
2nd Gear Member

1/4" drill for nuts and bolts, but if you're using factory push tabs i'm not 100% sure.

I looked at a mach1 and it was flush all the way around with no gap at the well, i'm jealous. I put mine right at the well, still looks good.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:15 PM
Pietrasz4
3rd Gear Member

bump
Old 05-30-2006, 06:32 PM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tommy_t

1/4" drill for nuts and bolts, but if you're using factory push tabs i'm not 100% sure.

I looked at a mach1 and it was flush all the way around with no gap at the well, i'm jealous. I put mine right at the well, still looks good.
yea dude when i put mine on i got the front flush but the sides have a small gap on each side but to make those flush you cant have the front flush!! this is factory ford also soo iono. still looks good though also