4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

COPS!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 01:13 PM
ASUSMC
4th Gear Member

Default RE: COPS!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: P Zero

ORIGINAL: ASUSMC

We have the new Chargers here in AZ. But the local street cops have a special group that go driving around on Friday and Saturday nights in street cars. They will race up and down the streets with you until they get on the radio and call in a cruiser to arrest you, impound your car, and keep you in jail for a night. I however do not street race. There is a place and time to push your car and the streets is not the place to do it.
Thats entrapment, they cant race you and then arrest you. Besides, theyre just as negligent and reckless as the person they are racing. But I guess the constitution doesnt really matter anymore anyway (thank you Patriot act). The government can do what they want and you cant do didly about it.
As for the cop stangs and camaros, there arent any around anymore, most of the Police stations got rid of them because they dont jump curbs very well. As for what they drive, crown vic's, yukon, tahoes, chevy and dodge pick ups, Expedition, Harleys.
-P.
They are not the ones that arrest you. They race you drive you by a cruiser so they can have another witness and the cruiser arrests you so the other guy can just go back to racing. One of the guys I know of has a 600hp Nova. They have tons of cars, most of these guys are racing their own personal cars!!!!! but again I dont have that problem because I don't streetrace. That is what they have tracks for.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:13 PM
LvGordo
4th Gear Member

i am sure the police force needs to hire more law breakers!
Old 06-05-2006, 01:16 PM
ASUSMC
4th Gear Member

It's the same as unmarked cars they just don't actually do any arresting just racing.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:18 PM
mustang_montana
4th Gear Member

im curious how the back seat is setup for taking someone in. i mean, is there still a glass window and wall? anyone ever see the backseat of a police stang? or do they just call a regular crown vic or whatever in, and have them take the dude to jail?
Old 06-05-2006, 01:21 PM
djdalfaro
2nd Gear Member

I'm from Alamogordo, NM, and I was down in El Paso and got pulled over by one of the 02 GTs while I was in my 02 GT... funny... oh, and you gotta watch out for the F-bodys down there too, I think they're State Police or Highway Patrol, or whatever you Texans call them.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:21 PM
shadowfoxx
3rd Gear Member

im curious how the back seat is setup for taking someone in. i mean, is there still a glass window and wall? anyone ever see the backseat of a police stang? or do they just call a regular crown vic or whatever in, and have them take the dude to jail?
I'm not sure.. I've never actually seen them arrest anyone.. usually they are just there to give out speeding tickets.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:23 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: P Zero

We have the new Chargers here in AZ. But the local street cops have a special group that go driving around on Friday and Saturday nights in street cars. They will race up and down the streets with you until they get on the radio and call in a cruiser to arrest you, impound your car, and keep you in jail for a night. I however do not street race. There is a place and time to push your car and the streets is not the place to do it.
Thats entrapment, they cant race you and then arrest you. Besides, theyre just as negligent and reckless as the person they are racing. But I guess the constitution doesnt really matter anymore anyway (thank you Patriot act). The government can do what they want and you cant do didly about it.
As for the cop stangs and camaros, there arent any around anymore, most of the Police stations got rid of them because they dont jump curbs very well. As for what they drive, crown vic's, yukon, tahoes, chevy and dodge pick ups, Expedition, Harleys.
-P.
They are not the ones that arrest you. They race you drive you by a cruiser so they can have another witness and the cruiser arrests you so the other guy can just go back to racing. One of the guys I know of has a 600hp Nova. They have tons of cars, most of these guys are racing their own personal cars!!!!! but again I dont have that problem because I don't streetrace. That is what they have tracks for.
I never street race in town, but the freeway......thats fair game to me, its limited access speed, no pedestrians, no stoplights, no intersections. But most people dont wanna race me.... cuz I like to start at an 80 MPH roll, but never when theres heavy traffic. I "raced" a 3000GT in my probe yesterday, the guy shoulda smoked me but didnt cause I just kept right on goin to 130. Put like a mile on em,lol, you know that guys gotta feel like a douchebag, gettin smoked by a probe.LOL!
-P.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:24 PM
ASUSMC
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustang_montana

No way they could use a 'stang. First of all how are you going to get them in and out. That is why they have moved to the Charger/300's because they are 4 doors and have a GIGANTIC trunk to put all of their police crap in. It would just be used in high speed chases and as a recruiting tool or to go to elemenatry schools would be my guess.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:25 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustang_montana

THey dont actually haul people off in them, they are just the "interceptor" and detain you untill a crown vic shows up.
-P.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:39 PM
djdalfaro
2nd Gear Member

yeah that sounds bout right... It sucks though, I came over a hill on the freeway, and my dectector shot off the charts, so I dropped to 4th to slow me down, got down bout 15mph before he was able to get a "lock" still got the ticket tho... oh well, I asked him if he wanted to race afterwards... he said he was a poor loser. haha

Quick Reply: COPS!!!!!!!