loudest blower? - Page 2 - MustangForums.com



4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-07-2006, 03:28 PM   #11
LvGordo
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location:
Posts: 1,366
Default RE: loudest blower?


Quote:
ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6


Quote:
ORIGINAL: jpmustanggt

Hey guys, as most of you guys know I'm trying to save for a blower and was just wondering what is the loudest blower? I want one that will whine just like the cobra's. Would mine sound like it if I got an eaton for my car?
rofl why is that soo important to everyone??
Here we go again. you were one of the people who were dumping on others for wanting a higher stage cam for the lopey sound. So what? If someone is doing a blower, why not get the one they like the best, sound and performance? Why did you put an exhaust on your car? Probably performance and sound. btw, i see you have stage 2 cams w/o a forged bottom end, so they arent doing too much good over stage 1, but are people dumping on you for that? It is fine to give opinion, but when you start dumping on others cause of what they want to DO TO THEIR CAR, not yours, that is ricer attitude. again, we aint talking making it look like a civic with huge wings or something, we are talking about performance and the by product of it, the sound.
LvGordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 03:34 PM   #12
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 3,479
Default RE: loudest blower?

get vortech with the cog system and it will sound like a procharger.
CobraSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 03:48 PM   #13
01roush33
1st Gear Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location:
Posts: 146
Default RE: loudest blower?

Quote:
ORIGINAL: jpmustanggt

Hey guys, as most of you guys know I'm trying to save for a blower and was just wondering what is the loudest blower? I want one that will whine just like the cobra's. Would mine sound like it if I got an eaton for my car?


the cobra uses an eaton m90, so if you get the same s/c i would assume it would sound the same, or similar.

whipple does not make a kit for the 99-04 mustang, but the saleen series iv is actually a whipple s/c. i would get that before an eaton.



01roush33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 04:54 PM   #14
so1o2k3
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location:
Posts: 1,882
Default RE: loudest blower?

twin screws and roots are a whine like noise and I think they are the loudest type of s/c. The centrifugal has a whistling and sucking noise and it is also loud, but not as loud as the twin screws. I think both sound great.
so1o2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 05:11 PM   #15
blk40th
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location:
Posts: 1,174
Default RE: loudest blower?

i dont know where the movie clip is but there was this black gt with a d1sc and it sounded so sweet just cruising in a parking lot in the rain. if you can find it or i find it you'll probably want the d1sc after that.
blk40th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 07:24 PM   #16
LvGordo
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location:
Posts: 1,366
Default RE: loudest blower?


Quote:
ORIGINAL: blk40th

i dont know where the movie clip is but there was this black gt with a d1sc and it sounded so sweet just cruising in a parking lot in the rain. if you can find it or i find it you'll probably want the d1sc after that.
yeah, that thing sounded like an airplane, sounded great. I would love that. But there are some people that will say you are stupid for wanting a particular sound for your car.
LvGordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 08:01 PM   #17
Butters
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location:
Posts: 775
Default RE: loudest blower?

Would you be able to try and find that link? I was wondering about the D-1SC
Butters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 08:06 PM   #18
40th04
1st Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location:
Posts: 64
Default RE: loudest blower?


Quote:
ORIGINAL: LvGordo


Quote:
ORIGINAL: blk40th

i dont know where the movie clip is but there was this black gt with a d1sc and it sounded so sweet just cruising in a parking lot in the rain. if you can find it or i find it you'll probably want the d1sc after that.
yeah, that thing sounded like an airplane, sounded great. I would love that. But there are some people that will say you are stupid for wanting a particular sound for your car.
who gives a good cuss word about what other people would say. its your car and if want people to know you are so fortunate to have a blower go for it and when they ask just tell them you need a new power steering pump.lol losers me im all about the vortec sq. it will be on its way in a few weeks
40th04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 08:07 PM   #19
M1ke
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location:
Posts: 1,555
Default RE: loudest blower?


Quote:
ORIGINAL: LvGordo


Quote:
ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6


Quote:
ORIGINAL: jpmustanggt

Hey guys, as most of you guys know I'm trying to save for a blower and was just wondering what is the loudest blower? I want one that will whine just like the cobra's. Would mine sound like it if I got an eaton for my car?
rofl why is that soo important to everyone??
Here we go again. you were one of the people who were dumping on others for wanting a higher stage cam for the lopey sound. So what? If someone is doing a blower, why not get the one they like the best, sound and performance? Why did you put an exhaust on your car? Probably performance and sound. btw, i see you have stage 2 cams w/o a forged bottom end, so they arent doing too much good over stage 1, but are people dumping on you for that? It is fine to give opinion, but when you start dumping on others cause of what they want to DO TO THEIR CAR, not yours, that is ricer attitude. again, we aint talking making it look like a civic with huge wings or something, we are talking about performance and the by product of it, the sound.
damn dude use a pm or something. and you dont really need a forged bottom end for stage 2 cams. adding forged internals is for durability, not really gaining and horsepower and its not causing the cams to not make as much power.

anyways back on topic.
ive seen a lot of videos of KB and they have loud whines
M1ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 08:12 PM   #20
newb2000GT
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location:
Posts: 1,086
Default RE: loudest blower?


Quote:
ORIGINAL: M1ke


and you dont really need a forged bottom end for stage 2 cams. adding forged internals is for durability, not really gaining and horsepower and its not causing the cams to not make as much power.

anyways back on topic.
ive seen a lot of videos of KB and they have loud whines
I do believe he was referring to the higher RPM's obtainable by a better bottom end so you actually take advantage of the cams' potential. If you can't get into the RPM range to make use of the power, why spend the money on the cams?
newb2000GT is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WAZZZZUPPP wheres everyone at? uberstang1 4.6L General Discussion 62 04-18-2016 12:20 AM
Exhaust cutouts ak98 GT S197 General Discussion 10 10-19-2015 01:13 AM
Upgrading to handle slicks? Info needed Dragonus18 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang 8 09-09-2015 02:21 AM
Tuner for DOB upgrade cedarmn 2005-2014 Mustangs 3 08-28-2015 10:51 PM
Big Cam but no lope... 5.0pntydrpr Classic Mustangs (Tech) 15 08-27-2015 11:26 PM


Tags
50, blower, centrifugal, loudest, mustang, style

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:09 AM.