4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

loudest blower?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 02:28 PM
LvGordo
4th Gear Member

Default RE: loudest blower?

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

ORIGINAL: jpmustanggt

Hey guys, as most of you guys know I'm trying to save for a blower and was just wondering what is the loudest blower? I want one that will whine just like the cobra's. Would mine sound like it if I got an eaton for my car?
rofl why is that soo important to everyone??
Here we go again. you were one of the people who were dumping on others for wanting a higher stage cam for the lopey sound. So what? If someone is doing a blower, why not get the one they like the best, sound and performance? Why did you put an exhaust on your car? Probably performance and sound. btw, i see you have stage 2 cams w/o a forged bottom end, so they arent doing too much good over stage 1, but are people dumping on you for that? It is fine to give opinion, but when you start dumping on others cause of what they want to DO TO THEIR CAR, not yours, that is ricer attitude. again, we aint talking making it look like a civic with huge wings or something, we are talking about performance and the by product of it, the sound.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:34 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

get vortech with the cog system and it will sound like a procharger.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:48 PM
01roush33
1st Gear Member

Hey guys, as most of you guys know I'm trying to save for a blower and was just wondering what is the loudest blower? I want one that will whine just like the cobra's. Would mine sound like it if I got an eaton for my car?

the cobra uses an eaton m90, so if you get the same s/c i would assume it would sound the same, or similar.

whipple does not make a kit for the 99-04 mustang, but the saleen series iv is actually a whipple s/c. i would get that before an eaton.

Old 06-07-2006, 03:54 PM
so1o2k3
4th Gear Member

twin screws and roots are a whine like noise and I think they are the loudest type of s/c. The centrifugal has a whistling and sucking noise and it is also loud, but not as loud as the twin screws. I think both sound great.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:11 PM
blk40th
4th Gear Member

i dont know where the movie clip is but there was this black gt with a d1sc and it sounded so sweet just cruising in a parking lot in the rain. if you can find it or i find it you'll probably want the d1sc after that.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:24 PM
LvGordo
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blk40th

i dont know where the movie clip is but there was this black gt with a d1sc and it sounded so sweet just cruising in a parking lot in the rain. if you can find it or i find it you'll probably want the d1sc after that.
yeah, that thing sounded like an airplane, sounded great. I would love that. But there are some people that will say you are stupid for wanting a particular sound for your car.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:01 PM
Butters
3rd Gear Member

Would you be able to try and find that link? I was wondering about the D-1SC
Old 06-07-2006, 07:06 PM
40th04
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LvGordo

ORIGINAL: blk40th

yeah, that thing sounded like an airplane, sounded great. I would love that. But there are some people that will say you are stupid for wanting a particular sound for your car.
who gives a good cuss word about what other people would say. its your car and if want people to know you are so fortunate to have a blower go for it and when they ask just tell them you need a new power steering pump.lol losers me im all about the vortec sq. it will be on its way in a few weeks
Old 06-07-2006, 07:07 PM
M1ke
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LvGordo

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

rofl why is that soo important to everyone??
Here we go again. you were one of the people who were dumping on others for wanting a higher stage cam for the lopey sound. So what? If someone is doing a blower, why not get the one they like the best, sound and performance? Why did you put an exhaust on your car? Probably performance and sound. btw, i see you have stage 2 cams w/o a forged bottom end, so they arent doing too much good over stage 1, but are people dumping on you for that? It is fine to give opinion, but when you start dumping on others cause of what they want to DO TO THEIR CAR, not yours, that is ricer attitude. again, we aint talking making it look like a civic with huge wings or something, we are talking about performance and the by product of it, the sound.
damn dude use a pm or something. and you dont really need a forged bottom end for stage 2 cams. adding forged internals is for durability, not really gaining and horsepower and its not causing the cams to not make as much power.

anyways back on topic.
ive seen a lot of videos of KB and they have loud whines
Old 06-07-2006, 07:12 PM
newb2000GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: M1ke

and you dont really need a forged bottom end for stage 2 cams. adding forged internals is for durability, not really gaining and horsepower and its not causing the cams to not make as much power.

anyways back on topic.
ive seen a lot of videos of KB and they have loud whines
I do believe he was referring to the higher RPM's obtainable by a better bottom end so you actually take advantage of the cams' potential. If you can't get into the RPM range to make use of the power, why spend the money on the cams?

Quick Reply: loudest blower?