4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

loudest blower?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 08:27 PM
LvGordo
4th Gear Member

Default RE: loudest blower?

ORIGINAL: newb2000GT

ORIGINAL: M1ke

and you dont really need a forged bottom end for stage 2 cams. adding forged internals is for durability, not really gaining and horsepower and its not causing the cams to not make as much power.

anyways back on topic.
ive seen a lot of videos of KB and they have loud whines
I do believe he was referring to the higher RPM's obtainable by a better bottom end so you actually take advantage of the cams' potential. If you can't get into the RPM range to make use of the power, why spend the money on the cams?
thank you. I dont want to turn this into an arguement thread, it is just some people do basically the same stuff then tell other people they are stupid for it.

Anyway,i just talked to my mech and my blower is on and running, i thought it was an sq but he thinks just an s, cause it is hella loud. Will check it out on the way home from work, hopefully it will be tuned and i can pick it up. hopefully post a vid at some point.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:39 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LvGordo

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

ORIGINAL: jpmustanggt

Hey guys, as most of you guys know I'm trying to save for a blower and was just wondering what is the loudest blower? I want one that will whine just like the cobra's. Would mine sound like it if I got an eaton for my car?
rofl why is that soo important to everyone??
Here we go again. you were one of the people who were dumping on others for wanting a higher stage cam for the lopey sound. So what? If someone is doing a blower, why not get the one they like the best, sound and performance? Why did you put an exhaust on your car? Probably performance and sound. btw, i see you have stage 2 cams w/o a forged bottom end, so they arent doing too much good over stage 1, but are people dumping on you for that? It is fine to give opinion, but when you start dumping on others cause of what they want to DO TO THEIR CAR, not yours, that is ricer attitude. again, we aint talking making it look like a civic with huge wings or something, we are talking about performance and the by product of it, the sound.
What is the number ONE thing you hate about rice?? I know that what I hate is how everything 99 percent of them do is for LOOKS and bull****, not for performance.

I have stage 2 cams in my car because i got some BAD advice on this forum and went with stage 2s. However, they seem to be working out quite nicely with the blower at this point, so I can't bitch too much. And I am thankful with the blower that I have aftermarket valvesprings on a 70K + mile car.

I definatly did not go with a TWO THOUSAND DOLLAR cam/spring/tune and install because I wanted a cam sound, and I did not go with a 4K blower install because of the sound either. If I had known I could have gotten more power with the stage 1s I would definatly have gone with them, regardless of sound.

IMO blower or cam sound should be the last thing you consider. It is utterly RICER IMO to buy a performance product that gives you LESS performance just so it sounds better. If all you need is a whistling sound they make 100 dollar speakers that will fit under your hood and give you that, plus a blow off sound when you lift the throttle.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:54 PM
LvGordo
4th Gear Member

dude, we are talking about which blower, not whether or not to add one. He already wants one and just wants to pick one that he likes, performance and sound. I give you credit for saying you got bad advice on the cams.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:58 PM
Sebski
2nd Gear Member

Soo stage two's dont give you better performance than a stage one... what is there purpose?

Superchargers sound sick to me in all cases, even though i prefer the sound of twin screws im still gonna get a centri jsut because thats what im adament on, i agree sound isnt as important as performance but its your car do as you please.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:03 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LvGordo

dude, we are talking about which blower, not whether or not to add one. He already wants one and just wants to pick one that he likes, performance and sound. I give you credit for saying you got bad advice on the cams.
The guy obviously has NO idea which blower he wants, and his first question is about how they sound. this tells me he is wanting to base his blower purchase according to how it will sound .

This, IMO, is rice. It is also not a very good way to try to plan out his car.

Fortunatly, its only my opinion, and like ******** everyone has one. I find it humerous that someone would base a 4k blower job on how it sounds, but thats just me. And thats all I said.

Old 06-07-2006, 09:28 PM
jpmustanggt
5th Gear Member

I'm not basing it on how it sounds you dick, I've had my mind set on the procharger p1sc for quite awhile now, so what if I want people to know that I have a blower. I think it was you awhile back that said if you would have had the money you would have gotten a turbo because of the spool up sound.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:53 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

I'm not basing it on how it sounds you dick, I've had my mind set on the procharger p1sc for quite awhile now, so what if I want people to know that I have a blower. I think it was you awhile back that said if you would have had the money you would have gotten a turbo because of the spool up sound.
It definatly wasn't me that said that. IMO its always speed first. I would have loved to go with a TT kit btw, but not for the sound.....

If your not basing it on how it sounds, then why start this post at all?

I have no personal problem w/ you or anyone else that buys mods for how they sound. I think it's silly, and if I see someone is gonna put a part on their car that will hinder performance just to make a sound I might tell them so, but other than that why would I care?

Edit: btw sorry for hijacking your thread, but the comments on the previous pages have little to do with you. This is a ongoing disscussion/argument that started long before your post.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:30 AM
jpmustanggt
5th Gear Member

It's cool man, I want power and reliability before anything, but if I can get a blower that is gonna sound good too, then why not go for it?
Old 06-08-2006, 12:36 AM
newb2000GT
4th Gear Member

I didn't really think about the sound. Does anyone know what an intercooled P-1SC @ 8psi sounds like? I guess I'll find out tomorrow or Friday.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:51 AM
LvGordo
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

It definatly wasn't me that said that. IMO its always speed first. I would have loved to go with a TT kit btw, but not for the sound.....

If your not basing it on how it sounds, then why start this post at all?

I have no personal problem w/ you or anyone else that buys mods for how they sound. I think it's silly, and if I see someone is gonna put a part on their car that will hinder performance just to make a sound I might tell them so, but other than that why would I care?

Edit: btw sorry for hijacking your thread, but the comments on the previous pages have little to do with you. This is a ongoing disscussion/argument that started long before your post.

since when do blowers hinder performance? [&:] i think i am just used to debating with you lately

Quick Reply: loudest blower?