4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Brand New Factory Seats?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 03:53 PM
maliszewski

Default Brand New Factory Seats?

Do any of you guys know if Ford or someone else sells Brand New replacement leather seats? If so where can I buy these and how much are they. If no, then how come Ford doesn't sell this part? Any reason? I just think they are like any other part of the car, they wear out after awhile so you should be able to buy a new part like brakes or water pumps. Anyways, I am just curious if they sell them and where I can find them. I know you can buy used seats off of ebay, but I would like to know if there is any place to buy brand new factory seats.

Thanks for the help,
-Mark
Old 06-07-2006, 05:12 PM
jmmorgan82
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Brand New Factory Seats?

You can get them from the dealer, or sometimes on Ebay, people take delivery of their cars and take the factory seats right out. The reason you don't hear about people buying them is $$$. They are a LOT of money. You can get more comfortable aftermarket seats for a fraction of the price.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:50 PM
04DSGB
2nd Gear Member

My drivers seat in my 04 is looking kinda bad already. Fords leather is cheap, I would just get some off ebay because the stealership will break it off in you good.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:21 PM
maliszewski

ORIGINAL: jmmorgan82

You can get them from the dealer, or sometimes on Ebay, people take delivery of their cars and take the factory seats right out. The reason you don't hear about people buying them is $$$. They are a LOT of money. You can get more comfortable aftermarket seats for a fraction of the price.
Yeah I hear you about the cost, but I just always like to keep my cars all original. Are aftermarket seats easy or hard to install? Is this someone without much mechanical knowledge can do?

You are right though, Ebay seems like good idea. I just wanted to know if there was a fall back plan in case I can't find the correct seats on Ebay. I want the seats to be in like new condition without any wrinkles.

-Mark
Old 06-07-2006, 06:41 PM
pdk
2nd Gear Member

if its an 04 it might be covered under warrenty. check on that first.

IMO junk yard or replacement aftermarket seats before the stockers unless you really like them
Old 06-07-2006, 07:10 PM
d3mon
3rd Gear Member

if is just the leather look in www.katzkin.com theyhave leather for mustangs and they have good prices my friend got some 04 cobra look alike for like $400 for all the seats
Old 06-07-2006, 08:00 PM
maliszewski

ORIGINAL: d3mon

if is just the leather look in www.katzkin.com theyhave leather for mustangs and they have good prices my friend got some 04 cobra look alike for like $400 for all the seats
Did he do the installation himself or go to an upholstery shop? Because I don't think I would do a very good job installing the leather seat covers. <grin>

-Mark
Old 06-07-2006, 08:25 PM
JonBeast

Really? for only 400? Hell yea, I'm gonna look into that.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:43 PM
maliszewski

ORIGINAL: JonBeast

Putting in new leather makes your car feel so good I don't see why mroe people don't do it. It makes your car almost brand new.

-Mark
Old 06-07-2006, 08:44 PM
JonBeast

ORIGINAL: maliszewski

ORIGINAL: JonBeast

Putting in new leather makes your car feel so good I don't see why mroe people don't do it. It makes your car almost brand new.

-Mark
Yea really. I'm in the process of converting my interior from tan to black, and I need seats, so I think I'll just get new covers. My seats are SO comfortable, so this will be great, a new look with the same comfort

Quick Reply: Brand New Factory Seats?