4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Should I go to Walmart???

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 12:24 AM
The02GT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Should I go to Walmart???

Walmart = Cheap a$$ filter and oil
Old 06-10-2006, 12:46 AM
01BlueCobraVert
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: The02GT

Walmart = Cheap a$$ filter and oil
I have taken my car to walmart 50% of the time. Everytime I use mobil one full synthetic 10w30. I have never had a problem and it is by far the cheapest place.
Old 06-10-2006, 11:21 AM
TC713
1st Gear Member

Just to reinforce the "no's" with some hard evidence.....my lady took her car to walmart for a simple battery install. She went to drive it home
and none of her guages/speedometer worked. We immediately called and they had us bring it back......So they supposedly fixed whatever they had
messed up doing an easy install on a battery, she then developed a burning smell that was coming through the vents. Two to three weeks after that, she lost
the first two fan speeds on the heater/ac.

Coincidence? You decide. Its your ride. No offense to anyone that works there but its mostly all kids that don't really give a ____.
I guess that can really hold true for anywhere though. Its just easier to blame a walmart.
Old 06-10-2006, 11:28 AM
stang2000
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TC713

Just to reinforce the "no's" with some hard evidence.....my lady took her car to walmart for a simple battery install. She went to drive it home
and none of her guages/speedometer worked. We immediately called and they had us bring it back......So they supposedly fixed whatever they had
messed up doing an easy install on a battery, she then developed a burning smell that was coming through the vents. Two to three weeks after that, she lost
the first two fan speeds on the heater/ac.

Coincidence? You decide. Its your ride. No offense to anyone that works there but its mostly all kids that don't really give a ____.
I guess that can really hold true for anywhere though. Its just easier to blame a walmart.
AMEN, I haven't shopped at a WalMart for 2 years now. they burned me too many times on things. Yes even you can live a natural and prosperous life with WalMart, lol.
Old 06-10-2006, 11:41 AM
DaMach04
4th Gear Member

AAAAHHHHHHHH.....

never ever ever ever go to walmart.

I went to walmart to pick up some oil. yes i go to walmart to get oil sometimes. most of the time they have it realy cheap there and it is the same Castrol as i can get at AutoZone or Advance. But anyways, when i went back there to ask the guy for a few cases (yes a few cases, diesel trucks use lots of oil) There was this chick back there that was about 5 foot nothin and looked like she had down's syndrome (no offense to anyone) who had a name tag on that said "Shop Manager". That in its self made me decide to never let them touch my car.

Too bad you guys dont have a "Cavalier" where you live. They have the best mechanics in the valley here.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:14 PM
M1ke
4th Gear Member

NO DONT!! they didnt tighten the oil plug one time and the next morning the garage was covered in oil. they gave us the stuff from the store to clean it up and paid for the tow truck but we r never going there again
Old 06-10-2006, 12:17 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

Walmart=tire changers good (well check your lugs) Walmart ~ oil changers not good
Old 06-10-2006, 12:31 PM
kontroldkhaos
2nd Gear Member

its funny, im reading all theses horror stories and its the same way here at our wal mart..morons!!!..it must be story policy to be stupid a f*ck peoples cars up
Old 06-10-2006, 12:48 PM
TC713
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blueherd02gt

Walmart=tire changers good (well check your lugs) Walmart ~ oil changers not good
A little off topic, but has any seen the comedian Ron White and that bit he does about getting his tires rotated at Sears,
and how his tire fell off?? Its hilarious. Rent it if you haven't seen it. You'll like this guy from then out.
Old 06-11-2006, 05:05 AM
gouldie1903
2nd Gear Member

i got an oil change there once because i couldn't since i was at school. they took the oil from the store shelf so i knew it was good oil. they didnt screw up so i got no complaints.

Quick Reply: Should I go to Walmart???