4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

04 GT mods

Old 06-16-2006, 07:01 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Default RE: 04 GT mods

ORIGINAL: goldeneagle_10

I still would like to get the manual installed cuz I just don't think its a real muscle car until I get that in there.
Next time you can go to a car show, take a look in the interior and you'd be surprised how many of those muscle cars are automatics...

Don't let your friends or whoever feed you crap about ohhh it's not a 5 speed! That sucks!

Gears, torque converter and a shift kit and it'll shift faster than any 5 or 6 speed driver.

Old 06-17-2006, 03:20 AM
04gtstang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan04COBRA

ORIGINAL: goldeneagle_10

I still would like to get the manual installed cuz I just don't think its a real muscle car until I get that in there.
Next time you can go to a car show, take a look in the interior and you'd be surprised how many of those muscle cars are automatics...

Don't let your friends or whoever feed you crap about ohhh it's not a 5 speed! That sucks!

Gears, torque converter and a shift kit and it'll shift faster than any 5 or 6 speed driver.

True. I run 8.8 in the 1/8 with everything in my sig. including drag radial. And theres this girl with gears, torque converter, hand held tunner, cai, pullies and catback and runs a 8.4 in an AUTO and she a GIRL on STREET TIRES
Old 06-17-2006, 03:33 AM
GT_Bob
3rd Gear Member

[/quote]

True. I run 8.8 in the 1/8 with everything in my sig. including drag radial. And theres this girl with gears, torque converter, hand held tunner, cai, pullies and catback and runs a 8.4 in an AUTO and she a GIRL on STREET TIRES
[/quote]

Don't let Shirley Muldowney or Angelle Savoie here you say that. They'll kick your but then out run yah.[sm=WTFsgign.gif]
Old 06-17-2006, 04:05 AM
rjgstang
3rd Gear Member

start by removing the decals!!
Old 06-17-2006, 09:35 AM
JT76

i have an auto with the following mods

4.10 gears
SLP catted X pipe
Borla Stinger Catback
Accufab 75mm TB
Accufab Plenum
MAC CAI
Diablo Sport Preadator

with these i ran a 13.70 in the 1/4th mile, with street tires and stock converter with a crappy 2.1 60' time. Dont listen to your friends, you can build that auto to run circles around a 5sp stang. I say keep it and just keep adding goodies as money allows. If you want a good Catback , you cant go wrong with Borla but its a little pricey. Steeda catbacks are made by borla i believe. I have the X pipe Dan04Cobra was talking about. You can use it as is or it can also be used later on with long tube headers. Its an SLP catted X pipe, cant go wrong with that eiether. If you plan on supercharging think about what you are going to go with. A centrifugal or a swin screw type? with a centrifugal type you should go with what i have, 75mm TB and plenum, however if you plan on going with a twin screw type such as a Kenne Bell or Saleen, hold off on the intake mods, as you wont be able to re use them. If your going to stay N/A, i say get a nice CAI such as a JLT or if you want to spend the $ Steeda and go with at least a 70mmTB and plenum. This will do wonders for throttle response. I have a diablosport predator tuner but i wouldnt get one if i could do it over again. The particular one i got is messed up, wont save tunes sometimes etc. and diablosport has THE WORST customer service on the face of the planet. I have been trying to get ahold of them for 4 months now[:@]. I say go with SCT tuner. This will be needed should you decide to go with gears and will also firm up shifts on your auto.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:24 AM
so1o2k3
4th Gear Member

If someone has not already mentioned, with professional work the mach1 shaker hood system should fit snugly with a supercharger.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:15 PM
CJFANNI
2nd Gear Member

I ran 8.5s in the 1/8 w/1.7 60' with my mods listed now i have a 2004 motor and tranny with same bolt ons and it should be faster. But still the only differnce between the manual and auto in my opinion is that the manual is more fun to drive.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:00 AM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

Hey everyone... thanks for your replies so far, I enjoy getting the feedback.

Seems like alot of guys favor the shift kit for the auto which I'm sure is really good... I still leaning on installing the manual for what one person said that its more fun to drive. Thats probably the biggest reason why I might go with that. I probably won't be racing the 1/4 mile very much... maybe a little

Heres a couple more questions for everyone... has anyone had any experience or know how the Rousch supercharger performs? And also, what type of psi should someone go with if you went with a supercharger? And last one... is there anything else that I might need to look at and consider while buying the supercharger that is easily looked over?
Old 06-19-2006, 12:38 PM
mustdroptop
2nd Gear Member

Yes the manual may be much more fun, but working out all the bugs can be irritating--sell the car or stick with auto.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:11 PM
djdalfaro
2nd Gear Member

sell the car, buy a stick if you want manual... NO point in doing a conversion. you're just asking for trouble

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 04 GT mods