4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

If i could get some help quick...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 11:06 PM
GoldenChild

Default If i could get some help quick...

Im installing my bassani x right now, how does one get at the manifold bolts...i dont kno where to start, so cramped up there that i cant seem to find a way to get at them, any help on what u guys did would be awesome...or if someone has a walkthrough write up thatd be awesome

thanks guys
Old 06-16-2006, 11:16 PM
MustangMan00
5th Gear Member

Default RE: If i could get some help quick...

hey man, i hope u planned for a long time cuz its gonna take time lol i did mine and my catback it took my friend a long *** time. u need a universal joint, and u really gotta use extensions and jsut work it aroudn up there, and then u got the o2 sensors.....those are realy hard to get to and unplug, and then u gotta plug em back in......so good luck itll be well worth it in the end though
Old 06-17-2006, 12:14 AM
GoldenChild

i guess what i really need to kno...is how u get the passenger side o2 sensor off....theres no way to get at it...anyone have any suggestions with which tools and such
Old 06-17-2006, 12:38 AM
CJFANNI
2nd Gear Member

A lift will be your best friend.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:47 AM
GoldenChild

ya i kno...wish i had it now, but i got the drivers side manifold bolts off, i just need to find a way to get the passenger ones and the 02, i got a impact wrench and ive been given er, using aerokroil...nadda..and tips on what u guys used for that 02 also..im beggin here
Old 06-17-2006, 12:52 AM
GT_Bob
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GoldenChild

i guess what i really need to kno...is how u get the passenger side o2 sensor off....theres no way to get at it...anyone have any suggestions with which tools and such
Ratchet/18" extension/universal joint/2" extension/crows foot. In that order. I forget what size crows foot you need. 20mm? I don't remember, but it is the same for both sides. Drop that set up between the rear of the passenger side valve cover and the firewall and use enough light to see what you are doing. I used a pair of "grab fingers" in the same location to start the threads for re-install. There may be easier ways, but this worked for me.

If you are not familiar with what a crows foot is, it's the open end wrench that goes on a ratchet at a 90 degree angle.

[IMG]local://upfiles/39087/33408884DA6248A6AD986FFA4E53F560.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-17-2006, 01:16 PM
GoldenChild

so everything off the drivers side manifolds is good, but now, the passenger side...do to hand wrenching on it...impach gun..then have become pretty rounded...and im getting real frustrated...what do i do?!!?
Old 06-17-2006, 01:21 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

a couple different extensions and a swivel works wonders. took my friend and i about 15 minutes to get the stock one off of his car without a lift, and using air tools.
Old 06-17-2006, 01:24 PM
GoldenChild

ya i got the extensions and swivel...and i have been going at them for like..an hour, not a budge and after all this time its slowly rounded off those bolts..i got a impact gun, and just my force on it, and they are rounded pretty good...the passenger side is just fighting me, unbelievably...is there anything i can use to get semi rounded bolts offf...im afraid to crank anymore and round them completely
Old 06-17-2006, 01:46 PM
GoldenChild

i hate to do it...but with the rounded off passenger side bolt....i might have to take it in..as much as i would hate to do it after im this far with the whole exhaust..but...i got nothin...its so easy to do this, if i could get this bolt off somehow its as good as done...but im just at a dead stop not being able to get the thing off..

Quick Reply: If i could get some help quick...