4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

COULDNT STOP IN TIME!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 05:39 PM
AXLE
1st Gear Member

Default COULDNT STOP IN TIME!

so yesterday i rear ended this truck!!! my f'n car is driving me crazy! the traffic in front of me came to a quick stop i had just crossed the intersection i had more then enough time and distance to stop but it felt like my car didnt want to stop. the damage was not real bad, my car will need a new bumper cover and maybe a new hood, im not too sure about fiberglass work. the guy in the truck was real cool he said it was his work truck and he told me not to worry about i so i wont have to use my insurance. thats the only good thing about this whole thing. My question is, has anyone had any brake problems with there car?
Old 06-18-2006, 05:45 PM
Hyper00
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: COULDNT STOP IN TIME!

Nope...because I use the 2-second rule I was taught in Driver's Education.
Old 06-18-2006, 05:46 PM
Hoppers04Gt
4th Gear Member

I havent had any problems with mine, have you check your brake pads or brake fluid lately?
Old 06-18-2006, 05:47 PM
AXLE
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AXLE

the traffic in front of me came to a quick stop i had just crossed the intersection i had more then enough time and distance to stop but it felt like my car didnt want to stop.
Old 06-18-2006, 05:50 PM
AXLE
1st Gear Member

fluids are good, brake pads look in good cond. still. i felt the abs kick in but just couldnt stop, almost like if i was destined to hit that truck
Old 06-18-2006, 08:06 PM
66_mustang_04
3rd Gear Member

my brakes feel like that too...im gonna look into cobra brakes
Old 06-18-2006, 08:14 PM
Mark99GT
4th Gear Member

yep. My brakes were junk too. And ive also had an accident because of it. Jam the brakes but car just doesnt want to stop. I know exactly what youre talking about. I upgraded to the cobra brakes but havent had a chance to take the car for a spin. They look good though with drilled/slotted rotors. Only prob. is I actually have mach calipers (which are exactly the same minus the black paint and cobra lettering) cause the cobras were on back order with no ETA and at the time I needed them asap. F'in FRPP...i really wanted the cobras...
Old 06-18-2006, 08:25 PM
boss281
3rd Gear Member

maybe you were just going too fast.....
Old 06-18-2006, 08:27 PM
VARifleman
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mark99GT

yep. My brakes were junk too. And ive also had an accident because of it. Jam the brakes but car just doesnt want to stop. I know exactly what youre talking about. I upgraded to the cobra brakes but havent had a chance to take the car for a spin. They look good though with drilled/slotted rotors. Only prob. is I actually have mach calipers (which are exactly the same minus the black paint and cobra lettering) cause the cobras were on back order with no ETA and at the time I needed them asap. F'in FRPP...i really wanted the cobras...
I wish I had the mach's instead of the cobra's...I'd rather have a pony there than something that says "COBRA".
Old 06-18-2006, 08:41 PM
Mark99GT
4th Gear Member

Yeah, i was going fast. but not crazy fast. The pedal went to the floor and the car just kept going. It was werid...

The mach calipers are gray with no lettering or logos at all on them. the bullitt calipers were red and had the pony on them. Maybe thats what you're thinking of. The rear calipers are cobras and theyre black. Looks kinda weird, not too noticable though.

Quick Reply: COULDNT STOP IN TIME!