4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

mil eliminators

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 02:10 PM
stangman2354
3rd Gear Member

Default mil eliminators

Has anyone ever bought the cheap ones of ebay and actually know if they work? Or know of a cheap place to buy them for.

And do you even need the mil eliminators because i know they make your check engine light on but do they cause any harm or less performance?
Old 06-28-2006, 03:00 PM
shadowfoxx
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: mil eliminators

ORIGINAL: stangman2354

Has anyone ever bought the cheap ones of ebay and actually know if they work? Or know of a cheap place to buy them for.

And do you even need the mil eliminators because i know they make your check engine light on but do they cause any harm or less performance?

I have never tried the ones off of ebay. but any mil you buy just turns off the check engine light.. and that’s it. .. I personally got the steeda mil eliminators and they worked for about a year .. then a couple of weeks ago they just stopped working for some reason and my check engine light came on.. luckily I already have a predator tuner so I just used that to turn the rear 02's off completely... really if you have the money the best way to go is with the tuner.. I have heard a few different people say that their mil eliminators didn’t really work right either... the point being that mil eliminators are cheap but also seem to perform in that fashion.. best bet is to get a tuner.. but I am assuming that if you are looking at ebay brand mils you're not going to want to spend even more money for a tuner.. good luck though... hopefully someone can help with your ebay question.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:11 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Its basically hit or miss with the MILs. I can tell you.. my $60 BBK MILs, don't work. Ive heard of people using the ebay ones, and have them working fine, no problem. Like I said its really hit or miss. Give it a try. Tuner is the ultimate best, but I know I wouldn't spend the money just to turn off the sensors.

As far as the CEL, when its one.. the engine starts to add more feul and the timing becomes retarded. Not something exactly completely noticable, but its true. Much better to have it off.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:45 PM
stangman2354
3rd Gear Member

The reason I'm wanting cheap ones is just to hold me over until i get a tuner. But i guess I'll try and buy one with a waranty or something in that nature.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:55 PM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

i got mine from mustang tuning, soo did my friend and they work fine.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:02 PM
Hoppers04Gt
4th Gear Member

I bought mine from Summit and they havent worked yet
Old 06-29-2006, 01:39 AM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

I don't mean to ***** the thread, but I'd guess the OP would like to know this as well, so its not a complete whoring! If you DO get a set of bad eliminators, can it have any adverse affects on the car? I just bought a set of homeade eliminators from a member here...I don't have my x pipe yet so they are not on, I don't want to put them on if there is much or maybe any risk.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:15 AM
RiCe_KiLlEr
4th Gear Member

solve everything, get a tuner!!
Old 06-29-2006, 02:17 AM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

there is a way to make your own eliminators by using the stock 02 sensor and a piece of some kind of pipe... someone chime in with it please for a link... I'm thinking I May get an O/R pipe and go that route because it does work, because the sensor is still there it just pulls it out of the main exhaust stream

George
Old 06-29-2006, 03:12 AM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Heres your link.

Quick Reply: mil eliminators