4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Vortech Owners

Old 06-29-2006, 03:26 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

Default Vortech Owners

I was wondering.... Is the different trims sets like V-1, V-2 kinda like comparing prochargers P1 and D1 kits?

O and the only people that have vortechs that I know of all have the "SQ" kits where you almost can't even hear the blower. Does the non "SQ" kit sound like the Procharger where it has that kinda jet engine like whistle to it? And if yall have the non "SQ" would you have gone with the "SQ" if you have a choice?
Old 06-29-2006, 03:41 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Vortech Owners

ive got a SQ and its not quiet... its just not obnoxious.

the V1 is a less efficient design of the V2... the impellers are at a different angle.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:47 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: racer02GTstang

the V1 is a less efficient design of the V2... the impellers are at a different angle.

You have a loud exhuast? Maybe it was because I was always behind the guy and he had them Borlas with o/r X. Have you heard what the non SQs sound like? Are they really that annoying?

And DANG everytime I look at your numbers and realized that you are still on a stock block. Wow. Whats the most that you ever tried to dyno her? I know one person here that has KB and managed one pull where he layed down 500 rwph on a stock block. But that was just that one pull.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:49 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

You have a loud exhuast? Maybe it was because I was always behind the guy and he had them Borlas with o/r X. Have you heard what the non SQs sound like? Are they really that annoying?

And DANG everytime I look at your numbers and realized that you are still on a stock block. Wow. Whats the most that you ever tried to dyno her? I know one person here that has KB and managed one pull where he layed down 500 rwph on a stock block. But that was just that one pull.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:53 AM
mustang_montana
4th Gear Member

ive got a v1 strim, sounds pretty friggin awesome. its loud, very notticeable. dunno what prochargers sound like but i like the whistle/whine.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:56 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mylongvictor

yea, ive got borla's with a catted X and LT headers. so they are both about the same sound level. and i can hear my blower over it. haha. and when it spools, it sounds like a damn turbo spooling... let me dig up a video for you to listen to of my blower....

im pushing more than that now, just havent had a chance to dyno.... it should be in the 460ish rwhp range.... and its my DD... haha. they guy who tuned it put a very safe tune on it when it was done. my car runs extremely rich, so if he leaned it out some and could tweak the timing, im sure 500rwhp was possible... just the motor wouldnt last long at all.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:12 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

heres a bad video of the car taking off... a guy on the forums was a camera man and he couldnt keep it still.. you can hear how loud my exhuast is with it... my dr's were on for this video....
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/6...4bbab081cb.htm

and heres a vid of under the hood...
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/6...acb7f80e6f.htm
Old 06-29-2006, 04:30 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

Thanks alot for the vid links! Gives me a better idea of what to buy.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:32 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

Thanks alot for the vid links! Gives me a better idea of what to buy.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:51 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

At the car show last weekend there was a guy with a PS1-C (on a 05 GT), and I was really expecting it to be loud compared to my SQ the way everyone talks.

I could barely hear the PS1-c. It wasn't anywhere near as loud as my SQ, I mean not even close.

There is no way you can mistake the SQ for what it is. I had to listen closely to hear the procharger at all.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vortech Owners