4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Y are u guys racing daily drivers?

Old 06-29-2006, 10:58 PM
GT_Bob
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Y are u guys racing daily drivers?

ORIGINAL: straitwangin

i just dont understand this? can someone please explain this to me,

most of the people say how much money they have invested into there project and take it to the track, but then they have to drive it to work in the moring.

I have an issue with you saying "most" of the people here take their dd's to the track. I highly doubt that "most" of the people who frequent this site take their rides to the track every week-end. Maybe I'm wrong. I personally have had my car on a road course only twice and on the 1/4 mile 3 times.

As far as spending a lot of money in my car, I'm still under the price of a Vette with a car that can out perform one.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:12 PM
JT76

I take my car to the 1/8th for bracket racing usually once a week (tuesdays) but then one week a month, i go to the 1/4th instead of the 1/8th..i guess you could call mine a DD i garage it from nov-april during the winter and probably put on 40 miles a week when its nice out, but it shares DD duty with my jeep
Old 06-29-2006, 11:26 PM
straitwangin
4th Gear Member

what i mean i think its fine if this is ur weekend curzier but not the car u have to drive in winter at lest not here in chicago.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:03 AM
DrUnkEnMaStEr69
2nd Gear Member

my stang is my ONLY car and my DD, ive prob thrown a few grand into it (expensive mods) once u catch the mod bug as they say u cant stop lmao. even if i had a slower car i cudnt bear to have my stang at home. even when im in a buddys car and i see a camaro or rice i give them the death stare and WISH i had my stang so i cud run with them hope that helps!
Old 06-30-2006, 12:07 AM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

I agree but I'm sure everyone here would like to have two, one to mod the other to DD
me I'm savin for a 07 gt (shhh dont tell my wife)
Old 06-30-2006, 12:09 AM
Twister
5th Gear Member

most of the people say how much money they have invested into there project and take it to the track, but then they have to drive it to work in the moring.
simple, I DON'T WANT A TRAILER QUEEN! Yes, my 86 is a magazine car, yes, I road race it, yes, I have hit rumple strips with it, yes, my wife gets mad when I run an open track event!
Old 06-30-2006, 12:10 AM
GT_Bob
3rd Gear Member

what i mean i think its fine if this is your weekend cruiser but not the car u have to drive in winter at lest not here in Chicago.

Out here in California, a Lamborghini Murcielago could be your every day driver as long as it had A/C.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:09 AM
01yellowgt
3rd Gear Member

for me I had done the mods because I wanted more. Then finnally ran into some car guys that go to the track. Of course they was racing theres, and I have a tendency of a lead foot. The fullfills that desire to hold the gas pedal down, and not lift it to the end of the track. Getting pulled over once in the stang was enough

Of course this is my only car. And I did break it on the track last time I raced it, but I was still able to drive my apartment. Drove it to work the next day. And then drove it back to my parents place so I would have a place to work on it during the weekend. Of course during the time I was rebuilding the transmission I had to borrow a vechicle since it took a few weeks.

Now I cant say i dont still go to the track, but I havent raced it since. I have just been working pit crew for a friend. Probly will get to drive it some time, and its got alot more motor than my car.

Plans now is that the stang wont go dont the track till I have a second vechicle.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:12 AM
Jiggy_One
3rd Gear Member

I drive mine on the weekends pretty much too. I could not imagine driving a 5 speed, loud, stinky gas guzzler to work everyday. I would have to trade in the stang for a nice car if I had to drive normally. I drive a company van all day so I dont have to drive mine.

BRian
Old 06-30-2006, 01:16 AM
Emann0007
5th Gear Member

It's a shame not everyone has the money to buy two cars, one for work and one for pleasure. I go to school, work full time and want my car to be constantly faster. If I had the ability/funds to buy a "track car" Maybe I would, but where's the fun in that?

IMO it's more respectable to have a car that will kill at the track and still is driveable to use for a daily commute and to run errands. What good is a fast car if you can't drive that b!tch on the streets?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Y are u guys racing daily drivers?