4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

1st Video.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 12:47 AM
luckymckay21
2nd Gear Member

Default 1st Video.

Here is a little vid i put together for the first time ever. Not the coolest, but hopefully the next one will be much better. Didn't really know where to post it so i figuered i would put it in here where im always at.
http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...video_0002.flv
Old 07-13-2006, 01:04 AM
GT_Bob
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 1st Video.

Nice job.[sm=thanx.gif]
Old 07-13-2006, 01:08 AM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

dude that is a GREAT video...

a few questions...

what song is playing?

what kind of exhaust setup do you have?

who does the work on your car? Do the cams yourself?

(all just curious questions!)

it's great man, sweet video and sweet car
Old 07-13-2006, 01:14 AM
luckymckay21
2nd Gear Member

Monkeydude, the song is nickelback's "next contestant." My exhaust in is my signature. I go to a shop called Staightline Performance in New Lenox, Il. They did the cams, gears, and L/T's. After me and a friend put my shorties on prior to my L/T's, there was no way i was doing that again lol.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:16 AM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: luckymckay21

Monkeydude, the song is nickelback's "next contestant." My exhaust in is my signature. I go to a shop called Staightline Performance in New Lenox, Il. They did the cams, gears, and L/T's. After me and a friend put my shorties on prior to my L/T's, there was no way i was doing that again lol.
that's awesome. It was a great video... and your car is sick... by the video, it looks like you don't have much space to work in?

are you considering an automotive career or is this just a hobby?

I'm going to be a tech so up to this point, most of the work has been done by me to my car. My next step is my engine... but that will be a year or two away tho

Old 07-13-2006, 01:28 AM
luckymckay21
2nd Gear Member

Monkeydude: It's just a hobby for me, an expansive hobby (damn mod bug). I am actually in my last year of school right now to be a history teacher. I am really into my car though and think it would be awesome to work at a performance shop as a career. Since i am at school, i can only do driveway mods except when i bring it to my friends house up by Chicago.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:29 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Yea I agree nice video. My only complaint is that a lot of people do it not just you... But when the car comes into the video, and you pulling away, reving, at the track and whatnot... You HAVE to cut the music otherwise theres no point, or cut the sound of the video and only play the music.

I want to hear the car, not the music, and I can't hear both. Otherwise if your just making a video to mess around, cut the sound from the camera and just play some nice music.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:32 AM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

a history teacher with a bada$$ mustang... that is something I've never seen!

Well I wish you the best of luck on your career and on your car. Where at in chicago? I'm up in downers grove probably moving to oswego this year

I'm 19... going to school full time (on summer break now) and working full time. I have bills up to my a$$ in every fashion, so it's tough to even keep my car moving, let alone when the engine getting in worse and worse shape.

I finished 1 year of college, and I'm going back this fall for my 2nd year to get my associates degree. I'm not stopping going to school until I have my bachelors. I'm majoring in automotive service technology and I work at a ford dealer as a shuttle driver. I hope to be one of their technicians some day.

My latest and greatest things will come saturday, wheels and tires. After that, I'm gonna dick around trying to get my CC plates straightened out (got some defective ones) and then I'm just gonna drive the car until I have the $ for an engine.

George
Old 07-13-2006, 02:13 AM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

haha I d/l that song and w/o the stang sounds and stuff I listened to the lyrics and stuff and it's a pretty sweet song.. lol that's how i feel with my g/f

great vid
Old 07-13-2006, 02:20 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

can you post a idle vid minus the song? Whats your idle set at?

I am interested to see if my baffled muffler + cams theory works out here.

Quick Reply: 1st Video.