4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

F***ing warrenty

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 03:17 AM
ousooner28
3rd Gear Member

Default F***ing warrenty

Ok the plan was to put an o/r h-pipe on my car but not now it will void the wareenty so my Question is does the prochamber have cats?
anouther thing would getting an aftermarket h-pipe or x-pipe with cats make any diffrence in sound than what it is now? \
Old 07-20-2006, 04:08 AM
MustangChris04
5th Gear Member

Default RE: F***ing warrenty

its not going to viod your warrenty. In order for it to void it would have to be a direct problem to the part that your warrenty is covering.

for ex. just because you have an o/r h-pipe doesnt mean that if your power seats stop working then they cant fix it.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:11 AM
wes ley n the G T
3rd Gear Member

Yea they have laws that stop them from voiding your entire warranty just because you did not use Ford aftermarket parts. They can only void your warranty on a certain part that went bad as a result of the upgraded part you put on. As he said, they can only void certain warrantied parts. But belive me, they will try all in their power to try and prove that your part had something to do with the problem so be careful. Or do like I do, keep all stock parts. If you have a problem thats serious, just pop some stock parts back on and your in business lol
Old 07-20-2006, 04:14 AM
fiad06
5th Gear Member

I have the extended warranty, but nothing will go wrong till it expires....that always happenes
Old 07-20-2006, 04:19 AM
dsg04gt
3rd Gear Member

Question.. I live in Cali, and if i have an illegal midpipe ( my cats arent CARB approved) can Ford deny my warranty? I know some people said no, but when i was calling some muffler shops to see if they would even install an illegal midpipe, they told me that it would void my warranty.. i didnt know if this was pertaining only to the parts directly related/effected by the midpipe, or the whole car. My problem is that i need to take the car to have synchros and my TOB replaced, and i dont want the dealer to deny my warranty if all i need to do is throw on the stock h pipe before i go in to avoid the headache.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:25 AM
fiad06
5th Gear Member

thats what my muffler guy said, he doesnt know the new law about denying people their warranty. thats really sucks that in cali u guys have to worry about that stuff..
Old 07-20-2006, 04:25 AM
MustangChris04
5th Gear Member

they have to proove that your illegal midpipe caused the syncros and tob to break, Which they cant. I wouldnt worry.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:29 AM
dsg04gt
3rd Gear Member

I've been having all fluid change/maintanance done at Ford under warranty, and when it expires ill just do it myself. But, last time i had the oil/filter and fuel filter changed, i specifically wrote on the service card to check the synchros, and all they said was " ya, its fine". I know they need to be replaced, but Ford is trying to wait it out another 14k miles until my warranty expires i guess, and then "the synchros probably need to be replaced now". Thanks for the help.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:31 AM
MustangChris04
5th Gear Member

that happend to me, they made me drive the car with a tech in it. When you go for a ride with him just make sure you grind the gears a lot
Old 07-20-2006, 04:34 AM
dsg04gt
3rd Gear Member

haha ill be sure to do that.. they also said that " we couldnt reciprocate the problem you are describing", and i was gonna mention that too, so ill make sure to reciprocate it for them. I notice it ALOT more on cold starts until everything warms up- it barely goes into 2, and 3rd is a bit difficult, 4th is getting there. I heard somewhere in these forums that people with 04's were having the same problem being magnified on cold starts.

EDIT: If i can ever decide which gears i want, i might be interested in your 4.10s.

Quick Reply: F***ing warrenty