4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

i cant get the screw off my mam

Old 05-26-2004, 11:14 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: i cant get the screw off my mam

Thats true about the bends alot of aftermarket cai's have. Most mass air meter manufacturers don't recommend aftermarket cai's when you use their meters - for the same reason you mentioned. The bends create turbulent air and the mass air meters can'r properly estimate the amount of air coming in, causing drivability problems. I pulled a 13.5 but I shoulda been lower. Traction was a problem I didn't have the tire pressure figured out yet.

Ive got longtube headers, prochamber, magnaflow, 4.10's, upper & lower control arms, steeda sport springs, alum driveshaft, and Nitto 555r's on the rear. My timeslips in the racing forum in a post. Ran a high 1.9 60 foot. Until the other mods come in I don't even have a K&N filter on the induction side. I'm also about to order a bigger throttle body and aftermarket plenum. After that in a couple months Im gonna put in some cams. Hoping for 12's after I get the tire pressure right and the stuff I just ordered in.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:36 PM
04mustang
3rd Gear Member

what tire pressure do u recomend for stock tires. i have goodyear eagles i have no idea what pressure to set them at. so whats the deal with the controll arms what exactlly are they good for ive seen alot of ppl have them. and the springs do they help your launch? are u going to go with accufab for TB and plenum. ive seen some dyno results comparing competion and it looks like accufab is the best way to go. its the most expensive thow. oh yeah whats the reason for the aluminum drive shaft. does that free up horse power cause its lighter.
Old 05-27-2004, 12:08 AM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

Lol lotsa questions. I dunno whats best for the stock goodyears. I dropped to 22 psi from 35 psi and dropped my et from 14.5 to 14.1 when I had wore out goodyears. Only had 3 runs on them so that may not be the best pressure, but it was better than what it was. The aftermarket control arms don't flex like the stock ones do, so it helps plant the rear tires for better traction. The springs were for looks and actually hurt straight line performance (less weight transfer on start = less traction = lower 60' and worse times). I'm going with accufab, they seem to put out almost twice the power increase compared to the others (magazine articles is all I have to go on as far as the TB's go though, and you know how that can be). The driveshaft was to fix the vibration problems I developed after changing the rear gears. Its lightness is just a bonus and it does seem to help the engine rev faster but Im not positive.
Old 05-27-2004, 12:21 AM
04mustang
3rd Gear Member

cool u answered all my questions. ill have to test out that tire pressure. ohh yeah are frpp gears the best. cause ive heard they fit the best and have the easiest instal
Old 05-27-2004, 01:19 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Pretty much all the gears are the same quality.

I remember something being said in your other post about an aftermarket MAM not increasing your performance...your stock MAM is the biggest restriction your intake has. I compared my aftermarket MAM to my friends 04 GT's stock MAM and I just laughed at it. It's a freakin pea shooter compared to my new one!!!

As for MAM's having trouble with CAI's, what about moving the MAM from right behind the air filter right to the TB with alittle custom work?
Old 05-27-2004, 01:30 AM
04mustang
3rd Gear Member

yeah but i think the mam isnt desined for it. i guess if u dynoed and tuned the maf to run in that place then it would be fine.
Old 05-27-2004, 01:34 AM
04mustang
3rd Gear Member

yeah the mam is a good mod and it did work i could feal the diff. i wish i had the money to go get it dynoed ever time but i dont so will just have to see what i do after everthing is on.