4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Mach 1 rims?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 02:20 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Mach 1 rims?

Pound for pound and driver for driver, a mach one would eat you alive. Put drag radials on one and 12s are possible.

14s flat for a mach one, even an auto, is horrendus. and a 1.2 reaction time? Not to mention your reaction time isnt counted into your 1/4 mile time is it?????

If you leave the line first and arrive side by side that means he smoked you, he just didn't hit the light right.

BTW, a 1.2 second reaction time? What are they, sleeping at the wheel? Much more than that and my 88 Thunderbird would kill a mach 1
Old 06-03-2004, 03:16 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

Much more than that and my 88 Thunderbird would kill a mach 1
So you are telling me that my GT wont even hang with a Mach1 but an old @$$ thunderbird will... wait a minute... [sm=smiley36.gif][sm=smiley36.gif][sm=smiley36.gif][sm=smiley36.gif][sm=smiley36.gif][sm=smiley36.gif][sm=smiley36.gif][sm=smiley36.gif]... ok, had to get that out.

Im not going to argue with you. If you are so confident in the Mach1, and it is a very capable car... dont get me wrong, then go buy one and I will meet you where ever you would like and we will race away. Dont be mad when I win though and dont blame it on my mods either because I did mention I have $3500 worth of mods right now and putting another $2000 in it tomorrow! Now, with that said, can we just leave it with I know I can hang with a Mach1 if not beat it and till you prove I cant I will be trying to get a camera man to film my next run against one just for you, 2000GT4.6!
Old 06-03-2004, 04:59 PM
04mustang
3rd Gear Member

ive done all mine so far for $1200 but i bet those headers where pritty expensive for install.
Old 06-03-2004, 05:24 PM
Greg00GT
1st Gear Member

I test drove a used Mach 1 at a dealer here in MD, it was a 5 speed and it had 5k miles. It doesnt feel a lot more powerfull than my car until it reaches like 60 mph, then you feel the 4v engine pulling I really doubt that my GT would beat a Mach1 in the 1/4 mile though...
Old 06-04-2004, 03:05 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

So you are telling me that my GT wont even hang with a Mach1 but an old @$$ thunderbird will... wait a minute... [sm=smiley36.gif][sm=smiley36.gif][sm=smiley36.gif][sm=smiley36.gif][sm=smiley36.gif][sm=smiley36.gif][sm=smiley36.gif][sm=smiley36.gif]... ok, had to get that out.

Im not going to argue with you. If you are so confident in the Mach1, and it is a very capable car... dont get me wrong, then go buy one and I will meet you where ever you would like and we will race away. Dont be mad when I win though and dont blame it on my mods either because I did mention I have $3500 worth of mods right now and putting another $2000 in it tomorrow! Now, with that said, can we just leave it with I know I can hang with a Mach1 if not beat it and till you prove I cant I will be trying to get a camera man to film my next run against one just for you, 2000GT4.6!
Im saying with any more than a 1.2 second reaction time (seriously, how do you screw up that badly?) my thunderbird would beat it, and im being SARCASTIC at that. Type that word into Yahoo so you understand what it is.

Your acting like you have a ton of mods, but the only reason you have spent so much money is because you havent installed anything yourself. Your car is not that modded (mine is further along, and I havent spend anywhere near that much) and if you think a mach 1 is only going to run a 13.8 with a compentent driver you are insane.

Its simple facts:

The Mach has more horsepower, a wider powerband, a superiour gear (3.55s to your 3.27s), a higher redline, and only wieghs around 100 pounds more than you.

Just because someone in a mach 1 managed to completly screw up launching on a tree and you ended up side by side at the end of the 1/4 mile doesnt mean your car is keeping up with a mach 1, its just keepign up with a driver asleep at the wheel.

Go get a upper plenum, T/B, gears, some D/Rs and a tune of some sort and you can start talking about walking mach 1s. Well until they get a set of D/Rs themselves.

Trust me man, I have a GT too, im not being a hardass and saying your car is slow, and I know it sucks, but its the penalty we pay for not wanting to/being able to afford a 30,000 dollar car and 2 times the monthly insurance premium.
Old 06-05-2004, 12:28 AM
Mach1man
2nd Gear Member

Tell you what. I'll take you up on that offer! I already have the car, the camera mounted in it and everything! One thing, it's not stock, but then it doesn't have anywhere near $5k in mods and can do low 13's, high 12's all day long, depending on which tires are on it.
Old 06-05-2004, 12:33 AM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

well come show these guys here how to drive then because they obvisously dont know how to.
Old 06-05-2004, 12:45 AM
Mach1man
2nd Gear Member

well come show these guys here how to drive then because they obvisously dont know how to.
Maybe you need to define exactly where "here" is. That may have something to do with the discrepencies, such as, altitude, humidity, air temp, etc. I do all my runs at sea level, with moderate to high humidity levels. Better times are obviously obtained at night when the air/track is cooler.
Old 06-05-2004, 12:48 AM
04mustang
3rd Gear Member

where u live mach1man ?
Old 06-05-2004, 01:48 AM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

See... read this. Am I not the only one. Im not sure what the Steeda stage 1 consists pf but he just said he smoked his buddy.
Im not trying to make any enemies here, just simply stating what I have done.

RE: Mach 1 vs. WRX......who won???? (in reply to 04ShakinSteed)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not true. Gt's run with wrxs just fine, depends on the driver. A modded GT with just bolt ons and drag radials will smoke em. STIs blow the paint off GTs though. Regular WRXs dont have fart cans, but the STI does. Actually their basketball launchers. I havent run my GT against a STI since ive been modded some, but I just raced my new friends 03 mach 1 and I smoked his ***. So I hope that I meet up with an STI here shortly. Nice kill btw, great writing skills too. Got me very into it.

03 Zinc yellow GT
-Stage I steeda Complete
-Steeda 18x9.5 Ultra lite II
-Kumho 275/35/18 meats
-Mach 1 front splitter
-FRPP 4.10 rear gears
-Superchips programmer
-Steeda CAI/TB spacer/Underdrive pullies
-Flowmaster 40 series catback

Im from Killeen Tx, the altitude is about 900 ft ASL, the humidity at the track I race at is always pretty high because it is right besides a river (hence the name Little river-Academy dragstrip) and the air temp is well into the 90's every night till about 9:00 pm then it starts cooling off a little. Its not the greatest place to race. [&o]

Quick Reply: Mach 1 rims?