4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

My SLow 4.6 Vs. new GTO??

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 08:27 PM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

Default My SLow 4.6 Vs. new GTO??

Today on the way home i took the downtown route, because the highway had an accident on my exit. So i am on my way home when i come up to a black GTO, the guy is younger maybe 28-29. I think nothing of it, then he gives it a little. So i drop a gear and speed up to him. then we go our seperate ways. I take a right, he goes stright. Well, we both meet up again, and i give it some around the corner, break loose a little and shift 3rd. Well, he is in the slow lane next to me in town and for once its going faster than my lane. So he comes up next to me, then people turn from my lane and i speed up, there is a light 500ft up the road, so i shift lanes to the slow lane and he gets in the fast lane. The truck in front of me turns into a Walmart, and the car in front of him goes thru the yellow light. So of course seeing my 1/4 mile times i got scared. I didnt want to race. lol. But i maned up and accepted. He said ok. I started making small talk. He paid 33,000, i told him i paid 8,000 for mine he smiled and said thats why mines faster. I laughed of course. then i asked him to come to the drag way on Wed. night. He said maybe, then while my head was turned and took off, but not launching, so i went slow also, side by side, he looked a me then looked ahead and i saw his front end lift, so i plnted the pedal and shifted best i could and we were nose to nose the whole way til mid- 4th gear, when we both let off. So right now im feeling great. I have only put on plugs, wires, and coils from my last 1/4 time. So tmrw im going to the track again. I really dont thnk i should have stayed side by side with him. Anyone else ever race one???
Old 06-08-2004, 08:41 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: My SLow 4.6 Vs. new GTO??

what year is your GT? I have been looking for one myself and have yet to dust one off. I cant wait to do it though! I know people here are going to say "well according to MM&FF there is no way you can do it because the Mach1 just barely beat it" But I dont care. People here will argue about anything. Good run by the way! [sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 06-08-2004, 08:46 PM
Monty
2nd Gear Member

Damn, casper good run.

I would THINK he would dust you!
Old 06-08-2004, 11:03 PM
04mustang
3rd Gear Member

ive heard the GTOs are hard to get a good run in. they have 350hp but they weigh almost 3800 lbs. that weight is really hard to get movin. compared to a almost 300hp car that ways 3300 lbs. you guys do the math. like any ls1 they have a nasty top speed but it would be a good match for a mildly modded 99 + GT.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:11 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

I personally think I could rip that family car a new @$$ hole!
Old 06-08-2004, 11:29 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

what year is your GT? I have been looking for one myself and have yet to dust one off. I cant wait to do it though! I know people here are going to say "well according to MM&FF there is no way you can do it because the Mach1 just barely beat it" But I dont care. People here will argue about anything. Good run by the way! [sm=smiley20.gif]
thats what I'm thinking too
Old 06-08-2004, 11:53 PM
chriscindy6369
3rd Gear Member

Against a stock stang Just maybe Probably just a slim chance. But i tinkered around with one, and i made him look like he wasn't even moving. But then again i have some money under my hood.

[IMG]local://upfiles/6214/Rp426737958.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-09-2004, 01:54 AM
04ShakinSteed
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

Yeah a STOCK Mach 1 vs: a GTO with some Mods.....

You did good Casper, but at the strip, he would've handed you your.........
Old 06-09-2004, 02:25 AM
USAMuscle
4th Gear Member

Screw the new GTO's. They are a waste of time and money IMO. Not to mention they look ugly as sin. If you want to challenge a REAL GTO, find a '64-'67 goat with a 389 and you'll see what a GTO is all about...
Old 06-09-2004, 04:51 AM
Monty
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: USAMuscle

Not to mention they look ugly as sin.
Yeah, I was really desapointed when I first saw one. I thought maybe they accidentally put GTO badges on a caviler or something!

THEY UGLY!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: My SLow 4.6 Vs. new GTO??