4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Hypertech Power Programer 111

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 04:25 PM
EJ23
1st Gear Member

Default Hypertech Power Programer 111

Any good? Would it work with my mods? K&N W/Ram air kit, Borla Stinger cat-back, and soon to be MRT Catted H pipe. I mean is the tune it uploads optimized for stock or what?

And since you can go back to the stock tune it won't void the warranty right?
Old 07-11-2004, 05:20 PM
neogenic83
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Hypertech Power Programer 111

i have one i am happy with it it doesn't void your warrenty and it gives u fault codes
Old 07-11-2004, 06:31 PM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

my friend got one for his '99 f-150 and loves it! we took a test drive just to see how it felt as it was, then we reprogrammed the computer. the improvement was huge! especialy the shifting. it hits the gears hard and your realy feel it.

he has the 4.6L engine. in know its a truck but its still the same engine
Old 07-11-2004, 07:58 PM
callmecobra
5th Gear Member

it would void your warranty if you took it to the dealership and they knew you changed factory computer settings...but if you set it back to stock, they wouldnt know
Old 07-11-2004, 09:25 PM
EJ23
1st Gear Member

Yeah, that's what I'm saying.

But what about my mods?
Old 07-12-2004, 06:18 PM
EJ23
1st Gear Member

TTT
Old 07-12-2004, 07:43 PM
00MustangGT
1st Gear Member

Yeah I am thinking seriously about getting one too. I think its two power programs are optimized for the near stock settings. They say that when you order one, you need to notify themf mods like forced induction, a new mass air meter, or even an aftermarket cold air system. So I think they are mainly concerned with the induction side, the exhaust should still do its thing on its own. that is just what I read from somewhere. I guess they customize the programmer for any major induction changes.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:19 PM
EJ23
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 00MustangGT

Yeah I am thinking seriously about getting one too. I think its two power programs are optimized for the near stock settings. They say that when you order one, you need to notify themf mods like forced induction, a new mass air meter, or even an aftermarket cold air system. So I think they are mainly concerned with the induction side, the exhaust should still do its thing on its own. that is just what I read from somewhere. I guess they customize the programmer for any major induction changes.

But I thought you could get them at Advanced Auto though.?

Here's the deal, I need to get gas and I'm trying to decide if I'm going to fill up with 89 (like I normally do) or 93. If this thing will work with my mods I'll fill up with 93 to get the car ready... don't you need to run a tank or so of 93 through before you tune for 93? If I put 93 in now will the car run bad till I do the 93 tune?
Old 07-12-2004, 10:47 PM
EJ23
1st Gear Member

Does Power Tuning work with modified vehicles?
Hypertech Power Tuning is calibrated for stock or near-stock engines (engines equipped with high-flow air filters and cat-back exhaust systems). Any additional modifications that alter the engine's airflow and volumetric efficiency, such as installing a modified mass airflow sensor, high-lift or long-duration camshaft,ported heads, headers, supercharger, nitrous oxide, etc., would require new tuning. This tuning must be done individually on a dynamometer with a vehicle equipped with those parts. If you have modified your engine with aftermarket equipment other than a low-restriction air filter or cat-back exhaust, the Power Tuning developed for a stock engine may not be correct. Note that the Power Programmer III provides many additional benefits beyond Power Tuning. Depending on the application, you can adjust the engine's rev limiter, raise the top speed limiter to match the speed rating of factory-approved tires, adjust the transmission shift points and shift firmness, correct the speedometer and odometer readings for non-stock tires and rearend gear ratios, and adjust the on/off temperature for electric cooling fans. That's why we say that a Hypertech Power Programmer III is the most powerful performance product an enthusiast can own!
Think the ram/air mid-pipe would throw it off too much? Might run lean at high speeds. Guess I can't use it. []
Old 07-13-2004, 06:01 PM
EJ23
1st Gear Member

Something better!

http://www.diablosport.com/U7146.php

Quick Reply: Hypertech Power Programer 111