4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Is your mustang a bull's eye?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 11:38 PM
HpOoRwSeEr
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Is your mustang a bull's eye?

if anyone plans on getting a radar detector, get a good one, ive been pulled over numerous times, but each time i knew the cops. my brother gave me an old one, only detecs certain types of bans, and not very well. one of the cops told me about a new radar detector thats out which actually has jammers built in to it. when the speed gun bounces the waves off your car the jammers either absorb or toy with the signal, give the cop either an insane reading like 250mph, or an error. they run about $600 or so.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:40 PM
meyerj88
2nd Gear Member

my second ticket the cops got me with a laser gun so a radar detector wouldn't have helped me much then. radar detectors do detect laser but by the time they do it's too late and they've got you.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:42 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Mine's a money pit.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:51 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mvr

personaly i dont see the point of speeding, i do about 5-10 over the limit.

thats STILL speeding though, isnt it?

cobra strang, you have one of the nicest yellow mustangs on this site. i love it.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:04 AM
bigmik290
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tightdogal

cobra strang, you have one of the nicest yellow mustangs on this site. i love it.
but its no points on the license. i got pulled a month and a half after i got the stang. first ticket in my life. im 20. when i had my honda i broke 90 on an almost daily basis. nowadays i rarely go over 80.usually keep it to9 over. i heard about this thing called the stealth that was upposed to make you "invisible" to the laser and radar...i dunno. here is something i found about them.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:05 AM
bigmik290
2nd Gear Member

but its no points on the license. i got pulled a month and a half after i got the stang. first ticket in my life. im 20. when i had my honda i broke 90 on an almost daily basis. nowadays i rarely go over 80.usually keep it to9 over. i heard about this thing called the stealth that was upposed to make you "invisible" to the laser and radar...i dunno. here is something i found about them.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:20 AM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bigmik290

uhh i got a ticket for going 10 over and i got points. i had to take a class, are u sure about that?
Old 09-29-2006, 12:36 AM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

"What's a speeding ticket?" Fits me pretty well, had the stang for a year and a half and haven't got a ticket yet (just jinxed myself [:@]).
Old 09-29-2006, 12:36 AM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bigmik290

uhh i got a ticket for going 10 over and i got points. i had to take a class, are u sure about that?
The points depends on YOUR state's laws, its different almost every where.
If you get caught in New York State w/ a radar jammer thats a big no no. Your not allowed to alter or jam police devices. They are illegal & you will lose it on the spot & get fines much worse than original speeding ticket if the cops find them. If you get pulled over for speeding & yo have a radar detector on your dash or visor the cops see them & are more likely to hand out a ticket since your probably using it to speed.

I do 5-10 over limit w/o any radar devices. 5 mph in roads 50 mph posted limit, 10 mph over on 55 & grrater posted limit.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:40 AM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

pulled over once for running a red light cop let me go... prior to this car i had a probe gt with rims lowered, and tint........ without the tint i never run into trouble.. i think they just like to see whats inside

Quick Reply: Is your mustang a bull's eye?