4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Is your mustang a bull's eye?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 01:06 AM
eventer289
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Is your mustang a bull's eye?

ORIGINAL: tightdogal

ORIGINAL: mvr

personaly i dont see the point of speeding, i do about 5-10 over the limit.

thats STILL speeding though, isnt it?

cobra strang, you have one of the nicest yellow mustangs on this site. i love it.
+1 for the yellow mustangs[sm=icon_rock.gif]
Old 09-29-2006, 01:53 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Make sure your car is completely legal for inspection & obey all the laws and the bulls-eye will be removed from your car.

Every ticket I've gotten, I've deserved. Never once have I blamed it on the car. [8D]

Gotta move to off-topic.
Old 09-29-2006, 02:00 AM
MustangMadness7
4th Gear Member

Im 18, had my license suspended twice and have seriously lost count of the # of times iv been pulled over. I didnt speed all that much either. It was only at night (after midnight) and only on highways. Their just always seemed to be cops whenever i decided to speed. Now im in an 18 month period where i cant get any tickets or theyll revoke my license...it ends on July 23 2007... And since then my 93 5.0 got wrecked. I havnt even gotten to test my 89.
Old 09-29-2006, 02:11 AM
TonySTiX
1st Gear Member

Sometimes your in a situation where you have to speed. If I'm running late for class, yea i'm gonna do what I have to but I try to be as careful as possible, of course.. But you also gotta know the spots where u can and cannot do stuff.
Old 09-29-2006, 02:15 AM
kcp1989
3rd Gear Member

not one ticket yet in a year. people in my neighborhood always get pissed when I haul *** up my street so there is a speed trap on my street every week. the moron cop hasnt figured out to try a new spot yet. dumb ****er
Old 09-29-2006, 02:27 AM
meyerj88
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan04COBRA

Make sure your car is completely legal for inspection & obey all the laws and the bulls-eye will be removed from your car.

Every ticket I've gotten, I've deserved. Never once have I blamed it on the car. [8D]

Gotta move to off-topic.
I'm not really blaming the car. I know I deserve the tickets I've gotten, I'm not going to argue that. I'm just asking people if they think that their mustang attracts more attention from the cops than other cars out there.
Old 09-29-2006, 02:31 AM
ionlygot6
2nd Gear Member

cant count the times being pulled over but im almost 17 and have 6 tickets and 5 written warnings and a few verbals.....
Old 09-29-2006, 03:08 AM
clix813
4th Gear Member

Its only really got me mad once when i was going the speed limit doing nothing wrong and the cop was a dick. he pulled me over and asked me if i new what i was doing wrong, i said no. the next thing he tells me is i bet this isnt street legal. me being a tard says thats none of your buissnes. he lets me go with no tickets but then for about the next 3 months about once a week he would follow me all the way till the street to my house. he stoped now but damn that is the most annoying thing.
Old 09-29-2006, 03:30 AM
dsg04gt
3rd Gear Member

I got a speeding ticket yesterday. 71 in a 50. Its a road thats about 7 miles long that i drive on about 5 - 6 times a day, and im used to just cruising at 80-85 on it... Yes, i know im stupid, but i am lucky that i happened to get caught at 71. I dont think i can clear this one.. hasnt been 18 months since my first ticket. O and by the way, all the cops in my area use laser, none use radar anymore, so bye bye radar detectors.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:12 AM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FrostByte

ORIGINAL: bigmik290

ORIGINAL: mvr

personaly i dont see the point of speeding, i do about 5-10 over the limit.

thats STILL speeding though, isnt it?

cobra strang, you have one of the nicest yellow mustangs on this site. i love it.
but its no points on the license. i got pulled a month and a half after i got the stang. first ticket in my life. im 20. when i had my honda i broke 90 on an almost daily basis. nowadays i rarely go over 80.usually keep it to9 over. i heard about this thing called the stealth that was upposed to make you "invisible" to the laser and radar...i dunno. here is something i found about them.

uhh i got a ticket for going 10 over and i got points. i had to take a class, are u sure about that?
The points depends on YOUR state's laws, its different almost every where.
If you get caught in New York State w/ a radar jammer thats a big no no. Your not allowed to alter or jam police devices. They are illegal & you will lose it on the spot & get fines much worse than original speeding ticket if the cops find them. If you get pulled over for speeding & yo have a radar detector on your dash or visor the cops see them & are more likely to hand out a ticket since your probably using it to speed.

I do 5-10 over limit w/o any radar devices. 5 mph in roads 50 mph posted limit, 10 mph over on 55 & grrater posted limit.
ahh gotcha. i live in virginia so i guess its different. oh and here, radar detectors are illegal?

Quick Reply: Is your mustang a bull's eye?